Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2009 8:04:08 PM EDT
Is one better then the other?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:36:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't know but I have been using Lee dies only until recently I picked up some Hornady Custom Grade New Dimension dies at Bass Pro and seem to like them better, especially the seater die. Oh back to the Decapping die, I didn't have one until a couple days ago when my order of 1K once fired LC brass got here. So I went down to the reloading supply store and all they had was a RCBS universal .22-.25 cal. decapping die and I picked it up and it works great, I have no experience with Lee's decapping die.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:46:27 PM EDT
[#2]
have both.

both work but...I prefer the RCBS, especially when decapping brass with crimped primers.

in my experience the Lee decap rod will always work its way up when decapping crimped primers no matter how much you tighten the lock collet that holds the rod.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:40:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Don't know but I have been using Lee dies only until recently I picked up some Hornady Custom Grade New Dimension dies at Bass Pro and seem to like them better, especially the seater die. Oh back to the Decapping die, I didn't have one until a couple days ago when my order of 1K once fired LC brass got here. So I went down to the reloading supply store and all they had was a RCBS universal .22-.25 cal. decapping die and I picked it up and it works great, I have no experience with Lee's decapping die.

Quoted:
have both.

both work but...I prefer the RCBS, especially when decapping brass with crimped primers.

in my experience the Lee decap rod will always work its way up when decapping crimped primers no matter how much you tighten the lock collet that holds the rod.

cool thanks guys, Midway has RCBS decappers on sale for $13ish.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:37:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I think I paid $16 but no shipping so a decent price I guess.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:27:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I have the Lee.  I have to be careful when decapping 22 cal brass as the rod isn't tapered.  I have to hold the case and guide it over the decapping rod when using the pos Lee shellholders.

Buy something else
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:21:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I use a lee universal in their hand press for most of my decapping and have not had a problem.  Sometimes the pin works its way back and has to be adjusted but would rather do that than break a pin.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top