Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2009 3:11:21 PM EDT
I've come into about 200 rounds of new unprimed 7.62x39 Lapua brass.  Each one drops right into my case gage.  Is there really a need to size these cases before loading?

Regards,
C1
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:43:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I always run new cases through the sizing die,I want to make sure the neck are all uniform and the proper diameter before I get ready to seat the bullet.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:53:44 PM EDT
[#2]
The only reason I ever resize new brass is to put the necks in round.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:01:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I've come into about 200 rounds of new unprimed 7.62x39 Lapua brass.  Each one drops right into my case gage.  Is there really a need to size these cases before loading?

Regards,
C1

Case gauge will not check neck tension.

With 7.62 x 39 you may use either .308 or .311 bullets. Depending on firearm used.

So the sizer ball in the sizer die must be of the correct size for the bullet diameter.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:44:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Regards,
C1

Generally Lapua brand is load and shoot––fire-forming it with little fuss.

Lately, Lapua has been coming with a lot of dinged in case mouths, so you'd have to, like the other guy states, round out the mouths before loading.

Chris

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:47:54 PM EDT
[#5]
As posted above, with Lapua, just go for it.  That brass is expensive for a reason.  It is the best there is with no exception IMHO.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:29:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
As posted above, with Lapua, just go for it.  That brass is expensive for a reason.  It is the best there is with no exception IMHO.

+1

Mike

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top