so please no rocks please.

I ran across a few hundred SRP's in
my primer can. I don't know why I
bought them, unless there might have
been the possibility to use the my 9's.

Comments, please.

Thanks!

John

if your firing pin sets them off you are good to go.  some say they tend to be a little harder to set off.  i have not experienced this.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:43:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Consult your manual.

Aloha, Mark

PS..........your pistol may not like them.  YMWV.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:43:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I have been loading pistol with small rifle primers for over 15 years and into the six figure mark with no issues. Use the standard load data and do not exceed max load and you will be fine .
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:46:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I have been loading pistol with small rifle primers for over 15 years and into the six figure mark with no issues. Use the standard load data and do not exceed max load and you will be fine .
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:18:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Guys.

I will try a few next trip to the
bench...

John

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:11:11 PM EDT
[#6]
They work in my Glock 17 - I read internet stories where some guns don't have enough firing pin 'oompf' to fire them.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:43:40 AM EDT
[#7]
i use them in my beretta 92 9mm and 96 40 s&w
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:05:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I use rem 6 1/2 rifle primers for 9mm with hs-6 for +p+ loads.
works very well
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:53:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
They work in my Glock 17 - I read internet stories where some guns don't have enough firing pin 'oompf' to fire them.

My G17 fails to ignite 1 to 2% of the WOLF SRM primers.  It would propaby do better on standard small rifle primers.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:50:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My G17 fails to ignite 1 to 2% of the WOLF SRM primers.  It would propaby do better on standard small rifle primers.
I guess I should have posted I was using CCI small rifle primers.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:16:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I think they're a bit harder than pistol primers.  Some pistols may not have hard enough hammer strikes to set them off.  But if your pistol does, you should be OK.  As always, reduce your charges, work up, and pay attention for potential problems.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top