Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/1/2009 12:53:53 PM EDT
Not sure who runs this place, but they got my vote. Precisionbrass.net, out of WA state.  I ordered 4000 .45acp on Thursday morning, Saturday afternoon I was holding 2 very large heavy boxes in WV. I'm not sure if their prices are above or below current market, but when you can't find any locally, your option is to mail order. They had 9mm, .40 S&W, .45 ACP, .223/ 5.56mm, .308/ 7.62mm, .50 BMG in stock and ready to ship....just about everything a growing boy needs.....

Price shows up as $60 per K, but entered the cart at $55 per. (They also have polished stuff, but I do my own)   I got 4K shipped for $220 (free shipping over $200), at my door in just over 48hrs.  I consider that one hell of a deal, and worthy of 2 thumbs up!

No relationship or financial interest in the company, just giving them a pat on the back for good service.
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 3:10:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow, their prices are WAY below current prices.  But their prices are actually FAIR prices.

What kind (quality) of brass did you get?  Was it all in good shape?  Did you get some extras to cover any bad pieces?   Where they mixed headstamp or all 1 headstamp?

* It looks like it says the Rifle brass is all LC. That makes the deal even better!   Really though, the current prices have just become soo increadably inflated, that when an honest company such as this offers pricing which is FAIR, we all get excited.  But really the prices are what they should be..  

... Of course you know now that you posted this on arfcom, even if they have 100 million pieces, the'll be gone in the next 20 minutes...

I just order 3k .223 & 2k 9mm.  Sweet Deal.

-Masta
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 3:20:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Just ordered 1k of 223 and 45acp. thanks for the link!
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 4:42:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Mixed.  Out of a small handful I just picked up, I have the following.
CCI
Speer
GFL
PMC
CBC
Winchester
RP
S&B
Not a bad assortment.

Brass looks just like anything you'd sweep up from any indoor or concrete floor range: a bit dusty but not bad.  A quick glance into the box didn't show any major bent or bruised cases.  I didn't even see any of the Glock bulged ones like I bought from a guy in FLA a few years ago (1/4 of that 2K got tossed cause of the bulge....one time fired my ass...)

Definitely more than 4K in here, but I'm not going to go count to make you happy.  I've found a smattering of 9mm, 10mm and 40 in the box, since they fit inside the .45 pretty nicely. I'd guess between 40 and 50lbs of brass in those 2 boxes.  It's 2 12x12x5.5" USPS Priority boxes filled tight.

I'd say a good deal, but I'll spring for the polish next time
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 5:06:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Got me 1K 5.56 brass and didnt see a link for any .40 S&W but their site says they have it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 5:09:38 PM EDT
[#5]
how long will they be able to get away with PayPal as their shopping cart?
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 5:24:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not sure who runs this place, but they got my vote. Precisionbrass.net, out of WA state.  I ordered 4000 .45acp on Thursday morning, Saturday afternoon I was holding 2 very large heavy boxes in WV. I'm not sure if their prices are above or below current market, but when you can't find any locally, your option is to mail order. They had 9mm, .40 S&W, .45 ACP, .223/ 5.56mm, .308/ 7.62mm, .50 BMG in stock and ready to ship....just about everything a growing boy needs.....

Price shows up as $60 per K, but entered the cart at $55 per. (They also have polished stuff, but I do my own)   I got 4K shipped for $220 (free shipping over $200), at my door in just over 48hrs.  I consider that one hell of a deal, and worthy of 2 thumbs up!

No relationship or financial interest in the company, just giving them a pat on the back for good service.

That's a good price for shipped 45 ACP.

I'm gonna have to find them, if they are local.

ETA, ok they are on the dry side. (Eastern Wa.) I am like 25 miles south of Seattle in the woods.
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 9:10:39 PM EDT
[#7]
in the pick the 45acp is deprimed.  Thats just a bad choice of pic right? This brass isnt deprimed is it? And if it is deprimed, you still need to resize it right? cause otherwise thats a way to good a deal.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 4:52:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the review.

It's good to see that someone out there is making a living buying surplus brass from www.govliquidation.com and reselling it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 11:57:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thanks for the review.

It's good to see that someone out there is making a living buying surplus brass from www.govliquidation.com and reselling it.

Nothing wrong with that!  It's an honest living, atleast they arn't trying to rob people like GB & EE!

To those that have placed orders,  Did anyone get an order confirmation?  

-Masta

Link Posted: 6/2/2009 12:27:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
how long will they be able to get away with PayPal as their shopping cart?

I wondered the same thing. I just ordered a couple thousand pieces of brass and I'd like to get it before PayPal discovers they're selling firearm-related items.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 1:00:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes I got a paypal receipt with a receipt #, thats it so far.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 3:15:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Think I'll give them a try. Good prices.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 3:45:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Sorry...somehow I can't reply to this thread from work. I authored it from work, I can't reply.

All of my brass have primers.  Complete do it yourself process...decap, size, clean, prime and load.  Sorry.

Confirmation was only a paypal receipt. No word from the dealer until it showed up at my house.

How long until paypal catches on? Truthfully, I hope they never find out.  Nothing like sticking it to them, buying and selling firearm related stuff using their service.  Now if we could just get around their profit margin Hopefully they'll find a solution soon, cause some do-gooder will report them pretty soon.

I hope everyone has a good experience like I did. Yeah, I was offered 3K for $195 over on EE.  For the most part, EE it now stands for Extremely Expensive.
Link Posted: 6/4/2009 6:41:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Anyone else got their stuff yet?

I ordered in the morning on June 1st, I havent heard anything via E-Mail other than the automated paypal reciept, and No package yet!

It's only been a few days so I'm not all that worried about it.  Just curious if anyone else had gotten theirs yet..

-Masta
Link Posted: 6/4/2009 6:56:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I ordered in the morning on June 1st, I havent heard anything via E-Mail other than the automated paypal reciept, and No package yet!

It's only been a few days so I'm not all that worried about it.  Just curious if anyone else had gotten theirs yet..

-Masta

We may need to relax...Have you talked to the owner?...

He replied to me on 6/1...the owner said that it would ship at the end of the week...have some patience...

I have over 2k of brass in the pipeline....we will see....
Link Posted: 6/4/2009 7:02:35 PM EDT
[#16]
I haven't heard much either. I ordered like 7K on 6-1, they charged my CC a deposit, and nothing since. Not too worried since I don't need the brass, just thought I'd see if it is as good of a deal as it seems to be.
Link Posted: 6/4/2009 9:32:26 PM EDT
[#17]
No brass here yet either but not worried or need it yet, so we'll see.
Link Posted: 6/5/2009 8:19:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Placed order June 3.  
No package yet, but for the price, I'll wait...
Link Posted: 6/5/2009 9:33:43 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Got me 1K 5.56 brass and didnt see a link for any .40 S&W but their site says they have it.

I saw you may be looking for some 40 brass I have about 20k of it right
now if you are interested at 1k is $35 shipped using USPS flat rate
boxes. I have been selling a lot of brass on the Old EE and have been
selling tons at gun shows. I accept MO and paypal +3% I also have many
other calibers. This is all brass from an indoor range it has never
been out side if you want all nickle I have that also. Take a look at
my feedback.

Thanks

Link Posted: 6/5/2009 9:54:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Just ordered 1K 5.56, will post on quality. Hope its wasn't fired from a SAW.

Rob
Link Posted: 6/5/2009 10:23:44 AM EDT
[#21]
I ordered 1000 9mm brass. only thing I received was the paypal receipt.    Brass arrived in about 4 days.  Excellent service.
Link Posted: 6/5/2009 2:21:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Masta

He replied to me on 6/1...the owner said that it would ship at the end of the week...have some patience...

Hmm,  What part of "I'm not all that worried about it"  wasn't clear?   If you called and talked to the owner already, then it sounds like you need to relax and have some patience!

I was just asking since the OP said that he recieved his order in only 3 days, I thought others may have started recieving their orders.

I ordered a total of 5k.

-Masta
Link Posted: 6/5/2009 2:26:03 PM EDT
[#23]
I just ordered 2k of 9mm. thanks for tip
Link Posted: 6/5/2009 3:06:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Masta

Hmm,  What part of "I'm not all that worried about it"  wasn't clear?   If you called and talked to the owner already, then it sounds like you need to relax and have some patience!

I was just asking since the OP said that he recieved his order in only 3 days, I thought others may have started recieving their orders.

I ordered a total of 5k.

-Masta

You read a negative inflection in my response that was not there...

Link Posted: 6/5/2009 3:32:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Masta

I ordered a total of 5k.

-Masta

My Apologies than.

BTW I just got an E-Mail from PayPal, said my order shipped today!

-Masta
Link Posted: 6/5/2009 3:57:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Masta

I ordered a total of 5k.

-Masta

My Apologies than.

BTW I just got an E-Mail from PayPal, said my order shipped today!

-Masta

We are all in this together...:-)

My 308 brass was to be polished so it will probably take longer...I ordered 6/1 in the afternoon...

Let us know what it looks like...

Link Posted: 6/5/2009 4:33:40 PM EDT
[#27]
I emailed them a week or two ago inquiring about 223 brass.

They said it is all LC and in good shape.

Can anyone confirm this?
Link Posted: 6/5/2009 4:57:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I emailed them a week or two ago inquiring about 223 brass.

They said it is all LC and in good shape.

Can anyone confirm this?

I only asked them about 308 brass..and they said that they throw away all the crushed/unusable brass...so it looks GTG...until I get my order...:-)

The quote from the owner...

"The condition is excellent. We sort out any noticebly damaged casings and scrap them. We sell a quality product and want your continued business.

Thanks,

Alan"

Link Posted: 6/5/2009 6:34:31 PM EDT
[#29]
I will take pictures and post when mine arrives...

I should have been smart and orderd it polished.   But I was cheap and said "I'll do it my self".   I'll have ALOT of work ahead of me..

-Masta
Link Posted: 6/5/2009 8:40:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I will take pictures and post when mine arrives...

I should have been smart and orderd it polished.   But I was cheap and said "I'll do it my self".   I'll have ALOT of work ahead of me..

-Masta

I am still out in the garage trimming brass and swaging the primer pocket for my 308....It is Friday night...maybe I should be looking for a date....:-)

Link Posted: 6/6/2009 3:41:04 AM EDT
[#31]
I also got an email yesterday saying my 1K 5.56 brass had shipped, so we'll see soon.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 3:03:49 PM EDT
[#32]
My order came in today.
1000 .45 and 1000 5.56.
The 5.56 looks to be all LC and in pretty good shape. A few with the case mouths crushed a little but nothing out of the ordinary.
The .45 is all mixed just like they said.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 5:59:49 PM EDT
[#33]
My order of 1K 5.56 brass came in today also, mostly 05, 06, and 07 LC head stamps and all have NATO cross. I wiped down 5-6 and sized them and they sized really easy so I don't think they were fired from a SAW, sized as easy as my once fired brass from my 6920, oh and it all looked good to just a few bent case mouths but my NEW LC brass had just as many if not more dented case mouths so I'm pleased.

Would order again
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 8:28:06 AM EDT
[#34]
My order came in yesterday, looks like the 5.56 is all LC, I havent had chance to sort threw it all yet.   The 9mm is mixed headstamp as expected.

Quality wise I would say it's average, not horrable, not the greatest.  But for the price it's an A+.

Unfortunitly one of my 2 boxes was torn open on the corner and some cases had fallen out, I don't know how many, but now I have to count 5000 cases to see how much was lost.  I don't care if 50-100 fell out, but if 1/2 the box is gone then I has a concern.   I e-mailed the owner and suggested he put a trash bag inside the box and put the brass in a trash bag so if/when the box rips the brass doesn't fall out.  This is how i've recieved brass from other companies when I've ordered before.

I will update more later..

-Masta
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 9:14:18 AM EDT
[#35]
I got like 5k of it yesterday, worth the price. Only thing I didn't get was the 308. Hopefully it will show up today. Good deal for the price, can't complain. Although the mailman sure is acting funny lately. I guess 30K worth of brass in a couple weeks does that.

EDIT: Some of the .308 showed up yesterday and it looks great. Way better condition than the .45 and .223 (which they happened to mix 2K together in one box )
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 2:46:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Thanks for the tip....

1K .45 on the way someday hopefully in the next week or so.....
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 5:32:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Well put a quick liquid soak clean (Birchwood Casey Cleaner works good for removing residue) on my 1K brass and sorted it by head stamp date and it all looks good but about 10 cases, and there were plenty extras to cover for that. It looks like about 50% 07 LC, 40% 06 LC, 8% 05 LC, & 2% 08 LC, with just a couple 04's and 03's but only about 10-15 all together, so I'm pretty happy with the product for the price paid to say the least. Now its bagged and stored for when I have time to processes it.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 5:26:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Ordered June 3
Arrived June 10
Not bad!  A week exactly! I'm now thinking I should have ordered the pre polished brass, but I guess I'll just buy more walnut.
All LC 04, 06, 07 headstamp and only minor mouth dents.  

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 7:55:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Ordered June 3
Arrived June 10
Not bad!  A week exactly! I'm now thinking I should have ordered the pre polished brass, but I guess I'll just buy more walnut.
All LC 04, 06, 07 headstamp and only minor mouth dents.  
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/blue-nuts/100_2118.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/blue-nuts/100_2119.jpg

Looks good...I ordered the polished 308...they should be here tomorrow...ordered on June 1st...

My carbide Dillon is just getting a hard on with the Hornandy's just waiting for the new "subjects"...maybe this should be in GD?...:-)

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 8:27:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Anyone notice free shipping is over $250 now?
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 2:27:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Anyone notice free shipping is over $250 now?

2 weeks ago it was $200 and the price of .223 was $55/1000.

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 4:51:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Well...I just received my polished 308 brass...one box did have a hole in it...

I weighed each box and they both weighed the same...so not too much brass was lost...

Great deal...most was current LC brass with some NATO FC brass mixed in...

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 5:56:01 PM EDT
[#43]
I received my order today, 6-11-09, of 223 Lake City Brass.  I ordered 2K last week, on the evening of 6-2-09.  Great service and looks like all of the brass is good!!
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 6:04:08 PM EDT
[#44]
I ordered 1K of 223 Rem polished and they got to my door in about 8 days which is pretty damn good considering i live in CT and they are in Washington.  The polish is worth the extra $10. It cuts polishing time down to 25% of the usual time to polish range brass.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 4:30:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Received the package yesterday and it was in poor shape. It looked like it had been tossed down a few flights of stairs before it got to me. There was at least one hole in one bottom corner, and the 5.56 brass was loose but the 9mm & .45 brass were bagged somewhat. I ordered 1,000 pieces of 5.56 but there was only 820 pieces in the box. The 9mm was short by around thirty pieces, and the .45 was short by about twenty. A few here and there is no big deal, but 180 pieces of 5.56 brass missing is not acceptable. That's not even counting the thirty that I had to throw away because the necks were crushed.

I didn't expect it to be perfect by any means, but I did expect to get what I paid for.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 10:10:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Received the package yesterday and it was in poor shape. It looked like it had been tossed down a few flights of stairs before it got to me. There was at least one hole in one bottom corner, and the 5.56 brass was loose but the 9mm & .45 brass were bagged somewhat. I ordered 1,000 pieces of 5.56 but there was only 820 pieces in the box. The 9mm was short by around thirty pieces, and the .45 was short by about twenty. A few here and there is no big deal, but 180 pieces of 5.56 brass missing is not acceptable. That's not even counting the thirty that I had to throw away because the necks were crushed.

I didn't expect it to be perfect by any means, but I did expect to get what I paid for.

Have you tried to contact them to see if they will send you out 200 pieces of 223 to replace the amount that was lost in shipping?
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:43:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you tried to contact them to see if they will send you out 200 pieces of 223 to replace the amount that was lost in shipping?

Yes, I sent them an e-mail this morning right before I posted the above. They replied this afternoon and apologized for the problems and they're sending the amounts I'm missing. It's good that they took time to reply and make sure a customer is satisfied. I'll order from them again.

I failed to mention that the handgun brass looks really good. I only had to toss one 9mm case because it was split. Everything else looked great.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:04:03 PM EDT
[#48]
I just finished Sorting/Counting/Inspecting the 2k of 9mm brass I order and here's the Results:

All the 9mm Brass was in pretty good shape, there are maybe a couple dozen that are tarnished black.  I had mostly CBC, WIN, and S&B headstamps.  There were also Speer, Blazer, CCI, PMC, FC, FCNT.  Those were all the Main headstamps I recieved.  There were others but not many of any others.

I did however recieve quite a few .380 Auto mixed in (So Be Carefull!).

My total count ended up @ 1932 cases, not counting the ~20 cases of .380 Auto that were mixed in.

So it was a bit short on the overall count, which I'm sure they will make right when I let them know my final count for both .223 & 9mm as 1 of my boxes of .223 had a HUGE hole in the corner of the box and will probably be short quite a few pieces.

I will update once I get the 3k of .223 sorted/counted/inspected.

-Masta
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 2:30:59 PM EDT
[#49]
I just got done processing the first box (26.5 lbs) of 308 brass...I was able to process 100% of the shipped brass.  I even got a bonus of 5 pieces of 556 brass and even some spent 22 rimfire empties and one rock...:-)  So far it looks like 2K of polished 308 brass for $220 (shipped) looks like an incredible deal in this day and age...

ETA...where is all this "lost" brass ending up?...:-)  The Post Office must have some people that reload...
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 2:53:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
ETA...where is all this "lost" brass ending up?...:-)  The Post Office must have some people that reload...

******NEWS HEADLINE******

Empty rifle casings found in Post Office...

Today during a maintenance inspection we found hundreds of empty rifle casings in Post Offices throughout the USA, these casings were believed to be from "Assault Rifles" with the intention of a national threat.   The DOD has a new order waiting on the president’s desk awaiting signature to ban all rifle ammunitions that could be fired from an "Assault Rifle", which is here by classified as ANY firearm that shoots a projectile.

More on your 10 o'clock news!

(OK Bad joke, but what's really sad is that doesn't sound too far off from some BS the government would try)

-Masta
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top