Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2009 4:55:38 PM EDT
Well I just got my new Giraud trimmer today, it is so much quicker & easyer than Forster trimmer.  After doing my first K of 223 by hand I decided to spend the money and get the Giraud, I wish I would have done this from the beginning, But then again I wouldn't appreciate as much as I do now.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:07:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I am really glad to hear how easy it is because My Giraud trimmer was also delivered  today and I have not had a chance to set it up yet.  And believe me I have trimmed thousands of rifle shells with a Forster trimmer and I am Really looking forward to getting the trimming, chamfering, and deburring done in one shot.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:44:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Man,, Doug is making it too easy for you new guys,, you gotta pay your dues like the rest of us old timers.
'Borg
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:36:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats!

Make sure you are checking your headspace variation,  I found out once I got my Giraud that my Headspaces were extremely inconsistant when I was getting crazy variations in trim length.  That problem was solved with a Redding FL sizing die and a Carbide expander ball.   Just FYI on something to look out for..

Also a Tip if I may...  Speaking from experience, Trimed case necks are EXTREMELY sharp, that chamfer makes the case mouth like a razor.  So if you have any primer pocket cleaning/uniforming to do, Do it BEFORE you trim the case, as I have many razor sharp cuts in my hands from the trimmed case necks..

-Masta
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:52:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Congrats!

Make sure you are checking your headspace variation,  I found out once I got my Giraud that my Headspaces were extremely inconsistant when I was getting crazy variations in trim length.  That problem was solved with a Redding FL sizing die and a Carbide expander ball.   Just FYI on something to look out for..

Also a Tip if I may...  Speaking from experience, Trimed case necks are EXTREMELY sharp, that chamfer makes the case mouth like a razor.  So if you have any primer pocket cleaning/uniforming to do, Do it BEFORE you trim the case, as I have many razor sharp cuts in my hands from the trimmed case necks..

-Masta

I did 200 today and checked every one, +/- .002 So I guess my headspace is pretty consistant.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:05:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I asked about these some time ago and probably would already own one if not for the fact that primers, powder and bullets are so hard to come by.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:37:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I have one. Great product. He makes it real easy to use and I like how it can be serviced if parts eventually wear down.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 3:40:28 AM EDT
[#7]
I have had one since right after Doug started making them, and it still works as well as the day I picked it up.  I also use the meplat trimming adapter and it sure makes that operation easy as well.  

Doug is an active highpower shooter, a supporter of the RKBA, and just a good guy.  You just can't go wrong with one of his machines!!
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 2:30:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Great device.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top