Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2009 12:55:07 PM EDT
Any one hazard to guess how long it will take me to get 5000 cci primers and 1000 once fired brass and 4# of h-4895?

anyone get backorders recently? how long did it take?

I figured the way things are going I better stock up on prairie dog components before the price gets too out of hand....

Lock in now for today's low rates!
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 5:09:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Any one hazard to guess how long it will take me to get 5000 cci primers and 1000 once fired brass and 4# of h-4895?

I figured the way things are going I better stock up on prairie dog components before the price gets too out of hand....

I am not sure I ordered a dillon 650 set up first of the month and only received some of the extra items from the order, the loader, casefeeder, and trimmer are still on back order.  So I'm wondering if others have gotten their back order filled by grafs and how long it takes them.

Link Posted: 4/23/2009 5:12:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I put 15k CCI #400 and 5k CCI small pistol on backorder about a month ago.. no word.  I don't plan on getting them for at least another month if not more.
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 5:21:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Do they charge immediately or only after the items ship?
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 5:29:58 PM EDT
[#4]
On the subject of Graf's...how is their email notification system?  I signed up for an email when they get Hornady 55gr bullets in (me and everyone else, I'm sure).  Can I rely on a prompt message when they're in stock, or do I need to keep checking?
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 6:21:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
On the subject of Graf's...how is their email notification system?  I signed up for an email when they get Hornady 55gr bullets in (me and everyone else, I'm sure).  Can I rely on a prompt message when they're in stock, or do I need to keep checking?

I used that last year and  received an e-mail when it came in.

Mike
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 6:26:29 PM EDT
[#6]
i have gave up on reloading for now as backorders of componets is just astonishing with nobody getting primers for sometime now,and when dies and presses or on back order and folks waiting 3-9 weeks just for that you better just buy ammo as i see reloading a thing of the past until the white house changes hands again.
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 6:52:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
i have gave up on reloading for now as backorders of componets is just astonishing with nobody getting primers for sometime now,and when dies and presses or on back order and folks waiting 3-9 weeks just for that you better just buy ammo as i see reloading a thing of the past until the white house changes hands again.

MM I've been to grafs in St.Charles 3 times in the last month and all 3 times I've left with primers , stop in every day and you will get them , grab 2 buddies  that don't reload and run to Grafs super center in Mexico and pick-up primers, sure they will only let you have 200 but thats 600 between you guys
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 6:53:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I'm in the same boat.  I've got enough components to last me for about
a year, but have significant backorders of once fired brass and CCI primers
with Grafs.  I haven't had any trouble getting the powders I need want,
though (VIHT N140 and Ramshot TAC).

Link Posted: 4/23/2009 7:08:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I back ordered a bunch of primers and few pounds of various powders and a 8# jug of Varget at Graf's about 4 weeks ago.  I don't anticipate hearing anything from them for at least another six to 8 weeks at best.  

I'm six weeks into a 8 week back order from GA arms as well.  

I'll get my stuff sooner or later but I'm not paying the BS prices that I have been seeing elsewheres.

I would durn sure like to score a few ounces of power pistol though.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 8:51:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I got an email notification from Midway today at 2:05 that they had Remington 7 1/2 primers in stock.  Checked the website, and it showed out of stock.  So, I called and they had them in stock, so I ordered 4k.  $145 shipped w/hazmat.  I got my order confirmation at 2:53 and placed it at about 2:45.  They were out of them within the hour!!

kevlars
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 10:30:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Graf's email notification is top notch - allround good people there.  I backordered 5k of CCi #34 last month thinking it'd be a while but they emailed the next day saying they "found" a case and were shipping asap....lucky I guess.
Link Posted: 4/25/2009 12:27:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I back ordered a bunch of primers and few pounds of various powders and a 8# jug of Varget at Graf's about 4 weeks ago.  I don't anticipate hearing anything from them for at least another six to 8 weeks at best.  

I'll get my stuff sooner or later but I'm not paying the BS prices that I have been seeing elsewheres.

You have set yourself up to pay a lot of hazmat fees. They do not hold orders until all the components come in. So, if one type of powder comes in, they ship it with the hazmat fee. A couple days later, if another powder comes in, they ship it out, another hazmat fee, and so on until your order is complete.

Another note for all those that have placed large orders, you may NOT get them in one lump package. I spoke with Grafs just a couple of days ago, and they are breaking up large orders. So if you ordered a large quantity (and 5000 may not be large to them, I didn't ask about that) they are breaking them down, so they can service several customers as they get in components.

Link Posted: 4/25/2009 1:28:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Another note for all those that have placed large orders, you may NOT get them in one lump package. I spoke with Grafs just a couple of days ago, and they are breaking up large orders. So if you ordered a large quantity (and 5000 may not be large to them, I didn't ask about that) they are breaking them down, so they can service several customers as they get in components.

I spoke to grafs last week and they told me they haven't received any primers in the past two months.
Apparently, there's alot of conflicting stories.
Link Posted: 4/25/2009 2:13:29 PM EDT
[#14]
I have 10,000 small rifle primers on back order as well.  I don't really care how long it takes, but I want to lock in the price before "OBOMANATION" makes things even worse.
Link Posted: 4/25/2009 2:19:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Thats the thing. If the way if things keep going the way they are and factory ammo stays where it is reloading components  are going to go up and up. Part of me thinks that right now reloading components are undervalued.
Link Posted: 4/26/2009 3:36:14 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm not entirely sure that a back order will lock you in at the current price.

FWIW when I talked to them over a month ago, I inquired about small rifle primers only. They said they were, at the time, back ordered 415 cases of 5000. They have no idea when anything will arrive. They take what they can get from their suppliers.
Link Posted: 4/26/2009 2:38:05 PM EDT
[#17]
I back ordered 15k small rifle mag wolf primers with Graffs the last week of March. I don't expect them anytime soon. As long as I get them sometime this year I am good. I also placed a back order with PV for 10 k wolf Sm rifle 223 primers.  That should hold me for awhile.

I still have about 8k on hand.
Link Posted: 5/4/2009 10:37:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Anyone notice that primers (other than Percussion & Musket Caps) aren't even listed on Grafs.com any longer?

Hmmmm..... interesting....

EDIT: But if you have the direct link to the product, those still come up... and they still come up in a search on their site, just not listed under "Powders and Primers"...
Link Posted: 5/4/2009 5:40:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Has anybody got any primers from them lately?
I am waiting on a backorder too.
Link Posted: 5/4/2009 5:46:58 PM EDT
[#20]
I talked to Graf's today and was told they have no idea when they may be getting any primers in. I asked about my backorder as I did not find primers on the site anymore. She told me that all the backorders that are in right now will be filled as they get primers. The reason that primers are not listed anymore is they are not taking anymore backorders.
Link Posted: 5/4/2009 6:02:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:

You have set yourself up to pay a lot of hazmat fees. They do not hold orders until all the components come in. So, if one type of powder comes in, they ship it with the hazmat fee. A couple days later, if another powder comes in, they ship it out, another hazmat fee, and so on until your order is complete.

If you have dealer status with Graf's they don't ship backordered items without calling you and confirming that you still need the items.  Things are so dry or overpriced in my area that I can pay multiple hazmats and still be OK.

Link Posted: 5/4/2009 7:21:44 PM EDT
[#22]
canceled it!

I had a race going between Cabelas and grafs.  Cabelas buying power won!

Link Posted: 5/4/2009 9:22:15 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

canceled it!

I had a race going between Cabelas and grafs.  Cabelas buying power won!

Are you saying you got Primers from Cabela's?  Do tell....

Link Posted: 5/5/2009 1:42:42 AM EDT
[#24]
i got 2k large rifle primers yesterday from a shop a buddy told me about as he told me last week they had 3k sitting on the shelf,so i called and yes they still did,bought 2 k and left the other 1k for someone else,$32 per 1k,the owner said he was called and had 10k of small rifle primers coming friday and if i needed any he would hold them,just dont load for 223 or smaller anymore,but very nice of him,$32 per 1k on them as well,yes a bit more then they was 6 months ago by about $8 but he is not killing your wallet.
Link Posted: 5/5/2009 3:46:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Has anyone else noticed that Grafs' minimum dealer order has gone way up? I understand why, but damn!
Link Posted: 5/5/2009 5:05:37 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Things are so dry or overpriced in my area that I can pay multiple hazmats and still be OK.

True that

Link Posted: 5/8/2009 2:05:50 AM EDT
[#27]
I have a cubic shit ton of primers on back order since 2/12/9.  Oldest one of any previous poster.  I will repost when I get any more primers in.

I have received many things already, just no small rifle primers.  15K of Magtech small pistol primers and much powder came.

They call me every 3 weeks or so.  I get right of refusal.  I can agree to ship what is on hand and pay a hazmat fee each time (shipping is free everytime).  I can also choose to release the items in the hopes that more shows up at the same time as something else.

Varget and IMR-4895 have shown up several times, and I have let it go.

The primers are in groups of 15K, so I will pay a hazmat fee each time if need be.  I am a new reloader, so am stocking up.  I also organized a group buy for 5 people.  $4000 order!
Link Posted: 5/8/2009 3:07:40 AM EDT
[#28]
10 yrs
Link Posted: 5/8/2009 6:33:10 AM EDT
[#29]
How are ya'll even getting on a back order list at Graf's? I take it you have to call them. All I see under primers is Percussion Caps.
Link Posted: 5/8/2009 6:37:39 AM EDT
[#30]
They just took them off the site.
Link Posted: 5/8/2009 7:09:21 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

How are ya'll even getting on a back order list at Graf's? I take it you have to call them. All I see under primers is Percussion Caps.
They took the primers off the product list, but last I checked you could still get to the link with the search tool...  

http://www.grafs.com/search?q=primer&SwatButton1=Search&_swat_form_process=search_form&_swat_form_serialized__swat_form_process=v686ck7G3djc0es7LVS9Sg|s%3A11%3A%22search_form%22%3B&_swat_form_hidden_fields=fDk71VXcXJddn45*bdDhwg|a%3A1%3A{i%3A0%3Bs%3A18%3A%22_swat_form_process%22%3B}

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:19:42 AM EDT
[#32]
I just got a call.  15K Magtech SRP inbound.  Joy!

Ordered 2/12/9

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top