Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2009 10:56:24 AM EDT
Are these better for the 10.5" than slower burning powders like BL-C2 or RL-15?

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:03:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Burn rate depends on the bullet weight.  Not barrel length.  Peak pressure happens after 1.5-2" of initial bullet travel.  Peak pressure also happens after complete ignition and corresponds to the fastest generation of gas.  Smokeless propellents burn faster with increasing pressure.  So complete burnout happens shortly after peak pressure, in the .223 Rem, that is about 8" of bullet travel with the slowest propellents.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:06:47 AM EDT
[#2]
a bit confused by your post.

I presume you mean a 10.5 inch AR.

What bullet are ya loading?

What is the intended use for this load?

I have had good luck with Reloader 15 and H335.  Started testing H322 and like this too.  I have 10x and reloader 7 to test yet.  I have a 16" DPMS ar15 1:9 twist.

I'm not sure why you would really need to more to a "faster" powder for a shorter barrel, but then again I am no expert.  My advise is to try the powders that others have had success with first.  Then if you don't get results move to something else.

Try these H335,  H322,  Reloader 15,  Varget,  BLC-2,  Reloader 7
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:17:31 AM EDT
[#3]
My apologies...10.5" AR 1/7 twist LMT 62grn. steel core
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top