Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2009 3:55:32 PM EDT
Hey guys, I was wondering how many of you have a backorder on primers at Graf & Sons?  I just backorderd 20k primers and I am interested in how long of a wait I am looking at.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:04:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I am still waiting for brass and bullets ordered about 2 months ago.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:40:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I am, just placed an order a few days ago.  There is a tacked thread above where we're tracking all the backorders and such.  Check that out before this one vanishes!
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:24:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hey guys, I was wondering how many of you have a backorder on primers at Graf & Sons?  I just backorderd 20k primers and I am interested in how long of a wait I am looking at.  Thanks.

I live 45 minutes from there and 5 minutes from MidwayUSA. Both places are having difficulty getting bullets, primers, and powder. I have voiced concerns to both about lack of product. Here is the response I got from Midway.

It’s true, we are having trouble keeping items on the shelves, particularly reloading components. I think this is due to a combination of factors, including wartime demand for munitions that are made on the same assembly lines as commercial ammunition, the meteoric rise in raw materials that have raised ammunition prices so high that there is an influx of new reloaders buying more reloading equipment than the factories projected and the recent election that has a lot of shooters very concerned. Please accept my apology for the lack of stock, and I appreciate your patience as the supply lines catch up with demand. Basically, we are selling items faster than the factories can make it. As for Berry’s Bullets, well, years ago he was not happy with us because we made plastic boxes too. We were cut off, and I don’t know if it has been long enough that they will talk to us again or not. I will mention it to my product line manager.

Thanks for Your Business,

Larry Potterfield

President/CEO

MidwayUSA

NRA Benefactor Member

All one has to do is look in this forum, it's full of questions from guys that have just started reloading. I have been reloading for about 15 years and have never seen the time when I couldn't make a run down to Midway and customer pick up on dock 5 or make a bullet run to Grafs and get exactly what I wanted in size and quantity. This whole madness is totally insane ! The shelves at Wal-Mart are void of handgun ammunition too... Totally absurd and I see absolutely no reason for the madness. I'm told it's because of Obama and I see the point. I also know the NRA is sitting on a treasure trove anticipating an attack on the Second Amendment. I also know that it would be Politicide for Obama to take on the Second Amendment in his first term. Bill Clinton on more than one occasion remarked that he lost the house and senate because he pushed the Brady Bill.

So, what I am saying is be patient and hord like everyone else when product becomes available. About 15 minutes ago I reloaded the last bullet in the house. I have over 3 thousand target rounds loaded and sitting on 4 pounds of powder and 6000 primers and if I don't see some bullets soon I'm going to start melting the 5 gallon bucket of tire weights I've got stashed away. I reckon that might answer your question as to why your waiting on back orders.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:16:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I live 45 minutes from there and 5 minutes from MidwayUSA. Both places are having difficulty getting bullets, primers, and powder. I have voiced concerns to both about lack of product. Here is the response I got from Midway.

It’s true, we are having trouble keeping items on the shelves, particularly reloading components. I think this is due to a combination of factors, including wartime demand for munitions that are made on the same assembly lines as commercial ammunition, the meteoric rise in raw materials that have raised ammunition prices so high that there is an influx of new reloaders buying more reloading equipment than the factories projected and the recent election that has a lot of shooters very concerned. Please accept my apology for the lack of stock, and I appreciate your patience as the supply lines catch up with demand. Basically, we are selling items faster than the factories can make it. As for Berry’s Bullets, well, years ago he was not happy with us because we made plastic boxes too. We were cut off, and I don’t know if it has been long enough that they will talk to us again or not. I will mention it to my product line manager.

Thanks for Your Business,

Larry Potterfield

President/CEO

MidwayUSA

NRA Benefactor Member

All one has to do is look in this forum, it's full of questions from guys that have just started reloading. I have been reloading for about 15 years and have never seen the time when I couldn't make a run down to Midway and customer pick up on dock 5 or make a bullet run to Grafs and get exactly what I wanted in size and quantity. This whole madness is totally insane ! The shelves at Wal-Mart are void of handgun ammunition too... Totally absurd and I see absolutely no reason for the madness. I'm told it's because of Obama and I see the point. I also know the NRA is sitting on a treasure trove anticipating an attack on the Second Amendment. I also know that it would be Politicide for Obama to take on the Second Amendment in his first term. Bill Clinton on more than one occasion remarked that he lost the house and senate because he pushed the Brady Bill.

So, what I am saying is be patient and hord like everyone else when product becomes available. About 15 minutes ago I reloaded the last bullet in the house. I have over 3 thousand target rounds loaded and sitting on 4 pounds of powder and 6000 primers and if I don't see some bullets soon I'm going to start melting the 5 gallon bucket of tire weights I've got stashed away. I reckon that might answer your question as to why your waiting on back orders.

That is the reason right there.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:19:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, how dumb am I? I didn't even know you could backorder from them.
I have been waiting for things to show 'in stock'.

I guess I better get busy.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:31:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Graf's just got a big order in a couple of weeks ago and out of everything I shoot already. Midway has been out of what I need in Ranier for over a month. Ranier has staggered shipments coming to them starting 3\30 thru 4\20. If you want in on any of it in light target pistol calibers you had better back order now.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:21:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I already have 10k small rifle primers so I will be good.. I just figured I would order some more to be safe.  Then I threw in the other 10k for a friend who needs primers to skip on a separate hazmat charge.  I suppose as long as they get here in <2 months all is good.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:37:58 PM EDT
[#8]
1.  Truly, America is arming herself.

2.  We are involved in a shooting war but have allowed our military supply/logistics chain to degrade to the point it cannot support our military operations, much less our contingency plans, were we ever to need to implement them.  

3.  LOTS of new reloaders

4.  All the reloaders, new and old, are hoarding
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top