Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2009 7:08:00 AM EDT
I bought a box of 155 Amax bullets and am loading some trial loads for my 5R and AR10s. I have the info in my load books and will follow proper loading procedure.

Have any of you guys used them?

What kind of effective range can I expect out of them?

I've shot 168 and 178 Amax bullets with good success. I am trying to work up some loads for my 5R that , in theory, will get me out to 1K. 800 is more likely the case. I know that people get good results with the 155 Palma type bullets pushed fast. I was wondering if the same can be done with the Amax.

I am also looking for a hunting load for my 18" noveske AR10. I am looking at either 165 GK or 165 SST, any better suggestions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top