Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2009 1:05:16 PM EDT
Hey All,

Does anyone know if there's anywhere I could find some templates to make labels for my reloads?   I wanted to print some 2x4" tabels to stick on my boxes of reloads with data about the ammo inside.

I found one the other day, but closed the page and havent been able to find it again!  

Thanks,

-Masta
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:16:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't have any label templates but I use a Dymo printer from the Wally world, works great.  I mark all my reloads with it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:24:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:25:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I ordered a pack of Frankford Arsenal labels from Midway.  I tacked it on a larger order to avoid the infamous Midway shipping prices.  I had looked at just buying a standard sheet of Avery labels at Wally World.  It turned out to be cheaper/easier just to order them.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:35:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Ahh,  That's the one I found the other day, but couln't find when I was searching for it today!

Thanks,

-Masta
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 2:56:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I use file folder labels to label my boxes of reloaded ammo.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 2:56:49 PM EDT
[#6]
You can purchase "stick-on" shipping labels from office supply stores such as Staples. They come in various sizes and peal off and stick on.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 3:05:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I simply use a piece of masking tape.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 3:36:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You can purchase "stick-on" shipping labels from office supply stores such as Staples. They come in various sizes and peal off and stick on.

Yep, that's what I got.  At first I bought the return address labels, but relized they were going to be too small to put much info on.  So I went back and bought the 2x4" shipping labels.

Now I am just putting together a template so I can print them and stick them on the box.

I like to keep all my stuff looking professional..

-Masta
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:16:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I think it is hysterical that I use "Hello, My Name is:" Stickers for my bin labels!

HELLO!
My Name Is

6.8mm SPC
110gr V-Max
29.7gr H322
COL 2.28"
SPC017B

Why bother with making them "look" professional? Make them functional (or a little fun). As long as they have the required info, they will work. Every load I do has a serial number that is also on a full size sheet of paper that lists every little detail about the load you could ever want.... Lot #, Trim lengths, source for components, theoretical FPS, cost per round, primer type, etc.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:30:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I have one that I made to suit my purposes.

Print it out on labels and your set.

ETA: Load number is a lot tracking system for myself. For instance 223-002 is load number 2 for caliber 223. Works pretty well for organization and sorting in my spreadsheet I made to track everything (also sortable).

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:54:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:07:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I use emptied Altoids (TM) tins for segregating my test and development loads.  The labels are pre-cut VHS cassette face labels.

They can be purchased in bulk from Advanced Media in Florida as:

Cat. No. 40500C 12-UP VHS INDIVUDAL FACE LABEL SHEET, LASER-INK JET WHITE, PERM

12 LABELS TO A SHEET.

I have formatted a MS Word file to pre-print the labels for use on the tins.  I tried to use the host media manager here to upload the .doc file to no avail.  If you want to try the word file and/or need a label sheet, send me an e-mail.  I will send you the 35K MS Word file via e-mail as an attachment and/or snail-mail you a label sheet to try.

See photo:

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 1:08:04 PM EDT
[#13]
As I am from the Stone Age, I use a piece of paper or cardboard, in the box, or tape on the outside of the box.  And a pen.

I find that the little piece of paper or cardboard IN the box works better for me, because I'll go shoot that particular box..............then it may get filled with a different load altogether, the next time I load, and it saves me from having to stick a new label on over the old one, etc.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:56:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I have different stick on labels that I use to label the caliber on the outside of the box, and if its a caliber that I have several firearms, I also label which one it is for.  I put the load data inside the box.  Several years back I began writing the load data on the backside of the cardboard sleeves that 100 Winchester primers come packed in. The Winchester primer sleeves are perforated on the edges and tear neatly appart to make 2 cards.  The card board fits inside my plastic ammo boxes and is very durable and the price is right!

G

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:48:07 PM EDT
[#15]
I bought a roll of labels from Midway years ago and still using them.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top