Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2009 7:06:15 PM EDT
Ok, my search fu is not with it tonight and I can't find any posted topics with this particular powder.

I'm ready to finally work up my first loads but I cannot find any data out there for H322 powder and milsurp M193 bullets...

Any suggestions?

Anyone out there have any published data on these (couldn't find any at the Hodgon powder site).

Thanks

ETA:  55gr FMJBT
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 7:20:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:54:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Use about 23.1 grains of H322 for the maximum load with 55 grain bullets.  This is the maximum charge weight for 55 grain bullets in the Hornady #7 manual.

The Hodgon No. 27 manual shows 23.0 grains with 55 grain Speer SP bullets.  This is the same load shown in the latest Hodgon pamphlet.

The Speer #12 manual lists 24.5 grains for three different 55 grain bullets.

Last week I shot with another member with his first reloads.  I recall the maximum he had loaded were 21.6 grains.

How much should I back off in order to start?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top