Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2009 5:34:55 AM EDT
Has anyone seen one available anywhere?

I've called my local Bass Pro Shops and Cabelas and neither one have one.

I don't have a Hornady dealer well within 60 miles of where I live and need one.

Link Posted: 1/17/2009 6:04:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Has anyone seen one available anywhere?

I've called my local Bass Pro Shops and Cabelas and neither one have one.

I don't have a Hornady dealer well within 60 miles of where I live and need one.

Don't know what "60 miles of where I live" is ...  but OLDE ENGLISH has a bunch of HORNADY  LNL shellplates sitting above their smokeless powder on the to of the shelf unit... I went and sorted them looking for (1) for fella at Glockpost.

480 Ginghamsburg Rd
Tipp City, OH 45371
(937) 667-3315

They is open till 5pm  today (Sat)

Also there is the Bill Goodman Show going on 1/16 & 1/17 at Dayton' Hara Arena (minutes off of I-70 exit 26 ?? if coming from IN)
Link Posted: 1/17/2009 8:15:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I appreciate it.  I just called them and they do not have one in stock.
Link Posted: 1/17/2009 9:42:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Good luck...I've looked everywhere (local & online) and will probably end up buying direct from Hornady.
Link Posted: 1/17/2009 12:35:51 PM EDT
[#4]
If you need it for .45ACP the #1 shell plate works but it could fit better.  I gave up trying to find a #45.  If you try to go too fast while lowering the ram with the #1 the casing sometimes gets stuck on the EZ-Ject.  Not a big deal for me since I just started on this and cant go very fast anyway.
Link Posted: 1/17/2009 4:39:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I would like to stay away from the #1 if I could.  If I can't find one, I'll make one.

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 1/18/2009 9:54:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I have the #1 plate and I would estimate that 80% of the rounds fail to eject...hence my search for the elusive #45.
Link Posted: 1/18/2009 10:07:59 AM EDT
[#7]
It only took Hornady about 7 days to ship one to me. Just got mine yesterday.

Nobody is going to have stock. The guy at Hornady said they're shipping their own direct backorders first, and then restocking retailers.

The #45 plate ejects perfectly unlike the #1 which simply does not work for .45acp.

On the other hand, the .45ACP plate is also VERY tight and rubs the subplate a little bit. In my press this resulted in failure to index on the upstroke 25% of the time. This can be fixed easily by turning the left pawl adjustment screw counter-clockwise about 1/8" of a turn. I also polished the ridge in the bottom of the shellplate to a mirror finish, That helped a lot.

Link Posted: 1/20/2009 11:23:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I've also found that a little polishing on the shellplate goes a long way with the ejection issues I had on my #16 plate with .223 brass.  

I picked up a used #10 shellplate at the Cabelas for 20% off and will modify it to run .45ACP through.  The #10 is originally for 40S&W and 10MM reloading so little modifications will be needed.  Looks like someone bought it, opened it up, then returned it as there are absolutely zero wear marks on the plate.

Link Posted: 1/20/2009 11:44:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It only took Hornady about 7 days to ship one to me. Just got mine yesterday.

Nobody is going to have stock. The guy at Hornady said they're shipping their own direct backorders first, and then restocking retailers.

The #45 plate ejects perfectly unlike the #1 which simply does not work for .45acp.

On the other hand, the .45ACP plate is also VERY tight and rubs the subplate a little bit. In my press this resulted in failure to index on the upstroke 25% of the time. This can be fixed easily by turning the left pawl adjustment screw counter-clockwise about 1/8" of a turn. I also polished the ridge in the bottom of the shellplate to a mirror finish, That helped a lot.

Are you overtightening the shellplate or was it the new system and rubbing in the groove area?. The LNL versions do not require torquing the shellplate like the Pro-Jector did. Actually finger tightening works very well. I myself just use a wrench to put a slight tweak after finger tightening. Just to get a slightly and I do mean slightly tighter than finger tight fit.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:24:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Well I modified a #10 to work with 45ACP.  I've polished the ejection wire and trailing shellplate radias to allow easy ejection of the case.

Works really well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top