Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2008 5:20:25 AM EDT

Thought I'd post this hear since the ammo thread is in here.

Tired of all the local shops being sold out of 8lb jugs and coming
home with a 1lb of a powder I did not want.

So if we find an online store with 8lb kegs on sale under $100
lets post in here so ARF folks can get in on the deal.

I know next good sale I come across I am going to stock up.

Searched before posting and found no sales.

Hope this is not against any rule.
Link Posted: 11/29/2008 9:20:33 PM EDT
[#1]
It's not against any rules, but you might want to indicate which powder or application you are looking for.  Powder Valley has several pistol powders in stock at under $100.00 per eight lb jug.  Ramshot rifle powder is just over $100.00 an 8 lb jug.
Link Posted: 11/30/2008 4:39:00 AM EDT
[#2]
More appropriate to the  Armory -> Reloading Forum
Link Posted: 11/30/2008 5:44:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I just placed a ~$1k order to Powder Valley yesterday.  He said it would probably be ten days before I could pick it up, and that they would call me when it is ready.  

They are by far the cheapest I have seen on any powder, and I can even go pick it up, only an hour away.  No hazmat fees for this guy!
Link Posted: 11/30/2008 5:50:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Aint gonna happen.  Just take the advice of using Powder Valley.  Some handgun/shot gun powders can be had for under a C note, then add in Haz Mat and shipping.   Your best bet is get some shooting buds to go in on a group buy of sorts.  You can get 48# of powder on one HAZ MAT tag, or mix and match powder and primers from PV.
Link Posted: 11/30/2008 5:59:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Keep an eye out on Widener's web site.  They're swamped right now but occasionally deals will pop up.  I got 4 8lb jugs of AA2230 last year when it was $98 keg, and a buddy ordered 2 kegs and we split hazmat and shipping, my cost was $103 per 8lb keg delivered

Widener's is now an Industry Partner, stop in and say hello and how much you love them
 http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=2&f=320
Link Posted: 11/30/2008 8:12:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Widener's has some good prices. Looks like online is the way to go
since local really is not even an option. Think I will wait until after XMAS.
Maybe someone will have a post xmas sale. Probably not with all the panic buying.

Thanks for the online enlightening.

Quoted:
Keep an eye out on Widener's web site.  They're swamped right now but occasionally deals will pop up.  I got 4 8lb jugs of AA2230 last year when it was $98 keg, and a buddy ordered 2 kegs and we split hazmat and shipping, my cost was $103 per 8lb keg delivered

Widener's is now an Industry Partner, stop in and say hello and how much you love them  http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=2&f=320

Link Posted: 11/30/2008 11:04:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I also saw 2 websites about 2-3 weeks ago that would waive the hazmat fees if you purchased 36#'s of powder or more.  Sadly I can't remember which websites they were though.  So that might help you save a few $'s if your order is big enough.
Link Posted: 11/30/2008 11:39:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thought I'd post this hear since the ammo thread is in here.

Tired of all the local shops being sold out of 8lb jugs and coming
home with a 1lb of a powder I did not want.

So if we find an online store with 8lb kegs on sale under $100
lets post in here so ARF folks can get in on the deal.

I know next good sale I come across I am going to stock up.

Searched before posting and found no sales.

Hope this is not against any rule.

Fire codes usually limit the quantity on hand and some codes limit the quantity on display.  This makes dealers tend to stock 1 pounders, so it usually isn't worth hunting for 8 pounders in store fronts.

Graf and Sons also has a bulk discount and shipping is included with the price, so there is no guess work.

Link Posted: 12/24/2008 9:30:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Sales should be coming up the next month or two.

Midway says they will have a sale in Feb but they would
need a sale just to get the price low as powder valley.

Keep an eye out.
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 3:38:12 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Sales should be coming up the next month or two.

Midway says they will have a sale in Feb but they would

need a sale just to get the price low as powder valley.

Keep an eye out.
2 years ago they had 1lb cans of AA2230 for $10 a can, that's $80/8lbs,  I missed out on that deal and thought they'd have the same deal this year, but they didn't

I missed out cause I just blew some $ on projectiles and/or primers at the time

Link Posted: 12/25/2008 7:48:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Last two years TAC, XTerminator. and AA2230 all went on sale from $9.99 to 11.00 (Can't remember exactly which one was more than $10, it was $10.49/lb IIRC). Stock up when opprotunity knocks.
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 8:12:40 AM EDT
[#12]
I missed the TAC for 9.99 but stocked up on AA2230 when it came up.
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 8:26:33 AM EDT
[#13]
I was lucky and in each case could fnd a few people to go in with locally (HT forum is your friend), so I got some of each and really helps to reduce the hit from shipping and hazmat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top