Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2008 4:15:43 PM EDT

I just got some cases that the seller said were fired in an H&K USP Compact 9mm.  The cases were badly bulged and looked like they had a neck.

Is there something strange about this gun or did he have a bad barrel?

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:18:10 PM EDT
[#1]
some pix would help to determine what the problem is.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:52:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Now, I have not fired a 9mm USP I have a 45ACP in both compact and full size to the tune of over 50K.  I have never experience bulged cases or dented case mouths...the ejection port is plenty big!  So, not sure you are not having your leg pulled?
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:53:02 PM EDT
[#3]
We definitely need to see pics to help ya out.  i'm curious now.

With some autoloading pistols, there will inevitably be a slight "bulge" at the base.  This is normal, and comes out with resizing.

I reload for Glocks in 9mm and .40............the bulge is there, but doesn't present a problem.

What you're describing kinda sounds like more than just this typical bulge, but could just be a matter of "perspective", so I'd really like to see pics of several of the cases.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top