Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2008 8:32:44 AM EDT
it always frustrates me when i am loading, and have fluctuations in COAL. sierra match kings can give me a slight difference between rounds and it looks like the very tip of the bullet can have a flaw / metal burr sticking up causing it,

then i can load Sierra Game Kings and have one round COAL at 2.744 and the next at 2.760+  without making any adjustments to the press, while trying to load at 2.750"

please tell me im not the only one who deals with this issue!
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 8:40:36 AM EDT
[#1]
If you measure on the ogive, you will find things are much more consistent.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 9:03:13 AM EDT
[#2]
You COULD (if you wanted) uniform the tips.

www.sinclairintl.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi

HTH.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 9:08:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I started using a comparator to check COAL after frustration with tip deformaties.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 9:19:17 AM EDT
[#4]
+1 on the Comparator. It measures at the ogive.

Or shoot Nosler Ballistic Tips or Hornady A-Max bullets with the polymer tip!!
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 9:34:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Then, not to mention:  Media will sometimes get stuck in the tips of your BTHP bullets.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 2:01:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 3:58:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You COULD (if you wanted) uniform the tips.

www.sinclairintl.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi

HTH.

Aloha, Mark

Link does not seem to work but I am very curious on uniformity of bullet tips, so how is this done
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top