Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2008 3:29:04 PM EDT
Hey what kind of accuracy can i expect from these?  I pick up a bunch and just wondering if any of you have had success with them.  I have amazing results with the matchking, and i dont want to compare it, its just one of you jerks bought all the sierra matchking 168 grainers in the whole state of utah.  So i am trying out other bullets.  I have had ok success with the Speer match 168 grain HPBT and now it is the A-Max turn.  Any suggestions with em?
thanks
jp
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:48:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hey what kind of accuracy can i expect from these?  I pick up a bunch and just wondering if any of you have had success with them.  I have amazing results with the matchking, and i dont want to compare it, its just one of you jerks bought all the sierra matchking 168 grainers in the whole state of utah.  So i am trying out other bullets.  I have had ok success with the Speer match 168 grain HPBT and now it is the A-Max turn.  Any suggestions with em?
thanks
jp

AMAX 168s are poly tips, so not a hollow point, no?

If you want 168/175 SMKs, you can get them in 500ct boxes for good prices at the usual ONLINE places.

I'd load them up and fiddle and see for yourself.  I'm shooting some 178 AMAX out of my Savage LE2b and they've done OK.  Nothing great, but I'm still experimenting.

Chris
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:32:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Some load development:

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:31:20 AM EDT
[#3]
In my DPMS they group right there with the SMK and I can get them to move a little faster for the same charge weight.  I was only testing off my bipod without bags but I got 7 shot groups right at 1 MOA with them once they got moving at 2500fps+.  My best groups in the same config with the SMK were typically around .9 MOA.  Hard to really determine whats better bullet vs. which day I'm shooting better so far.

Guys with bagged bolt guns could probably tell more difference if it's there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top