Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2008 10:42:51 AM EDT
Anyone give me a start load for red dot, 40 S&W, 155 g. Rem JHP.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:05:21 PM EDT
[#1]
The Alliant Load Data Web site is actually a download to a photo copy of their FREE manual (available at most well stocked stores).  You might want to pick one up next time.

And/or SAVE the download to your computer.  Last one I have is a 2005 edition.

Then, I noted that there was only one load for the 40 S&W 155 grain cast lead bullet.
WSP primer, 1.125" COAL.........Red Dot was NOT LISTED.

Aloha, Mark

PS........remember, handloading is part experimentation.......so, IF you're desprate.........HINT:  

150 gr. JHP, WSP primer, 1.105" COAL, Red Dot 5.9 gr. MAX, 1185 fps

And......

170 gr. XTP, WSP primer, 1.124" COAL, Red Dot 5.1 gr. MAX, 985 fps

What you do with that information, is between you and your maker.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:07:32 PM EDT
[#2]
It's working now.  I see, site is working but their recipes are down for a week.

They do have a recipe for a 150grn JHP with Red Dot in their 2002 guide.  Its as follows:

5.0grn RD, Win SP primer, OAL (Min) 1.105", 1,155fps from a 4" barrel.

However, I think that their OAL is a bit on the short side for such a fast burning powder.  RD is faster burning than even TiteGroup.  To be safe, I'd load it longer and use a light crimp to minimize the pressure spike.  As always, start low and work up.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:20:53 PM EDT
[#3]
COSteve,

Maybe, that means that we'll be getting some NEW updated data.  Oh.....Happy Days!!

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:25:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Mark,

Yep, I'd like to see some more data on their Power Pistol powder.  I've started using it in my 40sw and .45acp and it seems to work well.  I first got it for my 10mm and I like the way it works for my 'nuclear' loads there.

Steve
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:11:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I like new data maybe they have some handgun load for promo.  

MAHA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top