Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2008 8:51:22 AM EDT
Anyone have favorite loads for 52 gr sierras with either Varget, H322 or H4895? I am looking for a good start for a V93 using these powders and this bullet wieght. only plan on using these powders for some specific research reasons, just checking in to see if anyone else out there has any favorite loads they use, what guns they use it in and general impressions of those loads compared to  H335, Blc-2 etc.

Using Varget and 69 gr Sierra's I noticed the AR15 cycled alot smoother, compared to an equivalent load of H335. ( same velocity roughly.the Varget load was faster)  so I am trying the lower pressure powders for the lighter bullets in the HK style action to see if any smoothing can be accomplished, as it operates based on a variety of factors, gas pressure curve is one of them. And about the only one I can control. Locking piece has already been optimized for the bullet wieght and the gun will run on loads of the  higher pressure ball powder type with no issues. It is not set up for the heavier 69 grain bullet, so it was not tested. Having the wrong Locking piece can ruin the gun if its not matched to the  bullet wieght.

SO....  That being said, if you have any loads that you found to be "smoother" in your HK type action, please post it up. AR15 as well as any other operating system.

Any info or experience with these powders is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:19:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top