Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 11/7/2014 9:55:12 AM EDT
I have a GSG5 and I have a HK53 with an adjustable Choate stock. I want to make the GSG the same set up as my 53.  I do not see any adjustable version except the original but I see several PDW versions from GSG and airsoft names.  Is the GSG version the best replica of the Choate folding stock or is there a better one from an airsoft company? I know I should just get the 130 dollar original but I am cheap.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 8:57:57 AM EDT
[#1]
No one has any info on the folding stocks?
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 1:30:56 AM EDT
[#2]
There's always the Classic Army (AirSoft) B&T style folding stock.

Link Posted: 11/15/2014 6:42:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 1:05:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz128/pokey074/GSGSBR.jpg

View Quote

I wanted the folding Choate type stock because it is the original factory MP5 stock and my HK53 has one.  I ended up ordering the factory GSG replica of the Choate stock but it is not here yet.
I am assuming the stock will be close to the original. The folding part is steal and the polymer stock part is fairly thick so it should last. I assume the butt cap will be cheep plastic but I have the original cap from my other stock that I already worked on to fit the GSG that I will use with the new stock. I ended up using an allum. end cap with my 53 adjustable stock rather than the plastic one it came with because I saw the plastic cap as a weak point. I assume the factory Choate plastic cap will be fine for a .22 that will never see real abuse.
I paid $40 shipped for the GSG stock and I paid $130 for the adjustable Choate stock.  I think on a .22 I can live with it not being the adjustable type and an exact match to my 53 for $90 less.  The MP5 does not come with the adjustable version any way, it comes with the PDW version so I justify it that way.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:01:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote

Dude!  Will that roll on my HK/Walther MP5?????

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:54:01 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude!  Will that roll on my HK/Walther MP5?????

Not a clue. Sorry.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 3:12:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I like it!!!  I have to snoop around now and see if it'll work!!!!  It's the best of both worlds!!!

Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top