Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 2/12/2012 10:29:02 AM EDT
I am looking at getting a GSG 522 type gun in the near future.  I know that, as a result of the H&K lawsuit, they modified the outward appearance slightly from the original configeration so this isn't a big deal for me.

I also have seen that they now have out two different models of their design with one being metal and the other having a light weight polymer receiver.  Which would you choose and why?

I have seen numerous people posting about this kit (http://www.cdnninvestments.com/gs18cokitnew.html) and want to know what this does for the rifle.  

Anything special that I need to know about getting one of these?  I may consider going the SBR route so I can either get a rifle + new barrel + tax stamp or one of the pistols + stock + tax stamp.  Which would you recommend.  Any and all thoughts and recommendations would be most appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

CSP
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 11:13:22 AM EDT
[#1]
from what ive seen first/second gens resell higher however after owning a 5 and 522 i prefer the 5 even though it seems to have more bcg issues. i always value a metal reciever over polymer although with a .22lr it really shouldnt matter. but if polymer gets scuffed good luck, metal though can atleast be refinished, potmetal or not, nick it and melt some lead onto it and file/paint. if your looking for a 522 i wouldnt pay more than $350 for one. the last 522 i bought was $322 otd. all the kit does is retro fit newer parts to first/second gen configuration. they are fun and you probably wouldnt regret purchasing.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:06:13 AM EDT
[#2]
The kit just converts back to the old style look.
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top