Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 8/10/2011 3:21:20 PM EDT
I won a GSG AK-47 .22 in the Team Member giveaway, and I'm going to pick it up this week, just wondering if there is any problems with these guns that I should look out for, or watch for, or anything in particular that is prone to breakage?  Also, any special cleaning, lubing, tightening that I should pay special attention to??

After seeing all the GSG-5 complaints and problems, I'm kinda scared
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:21:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations on winning one!  Although I have not owned a GSG-AK, I have shot one for a couple of hundred rounds.  I was very pleased with it.  It was very reliable and accurate enough for plinking.

I love my GSG-5 Carbine and my GSG-1911, but decided not to get the GSG-AK (mainly because it doesn't resemble a real AK enough... not true to scale).   I can't wait for the new GSG-MP44 to come out next year.  It's supposed to be true-to-scale.

Don't let people grumbling about the GSG-1911 scare you away from that pistol.   It's my favorite .22 pistol right now.  Sure, there have been a few issues with some of them, but ATI stands by their product.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 3:16:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Congratulations on winning one!  Although I have not owned a GSG-AK, I have shot one for a couple of hundred rounds.  I was very pleased with it.  It was very reliable and accurate enough for plinking.

I love my GSG-5 Carbine and my GSG-1911, but decided not to get the GSG-AK (mainly because it doesn't resemble a real AK enough... not true to scale).   I can't wait for the new GSG-MP44 to come out next year.  It's supposed to be true-to-scale.

Don't let people grumbling about the GSG-1911 scare you away from that pistol.   It's my favorite .22 pistol right now.  Sure, there have been a few issues with some of them, but ATI stands by their product.

Thanks for the info.

After looking at cutaways of the GSG AK, and the GSG-5, the bolt group looks almost identical between the two, actually there are alot of similarities between them.
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top