Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2009 8:18:06 PM EDT
took my gsg carbine to the range today.i got it back from ATI and this is the first outing.mike rebuilt and upgraded the bolt.rivited ejector,new springs,made the firing pin hit deeper.my gsg never had a problem but i decided to get the rivited ejector anyway.he did the extra upgrades while he had the rifle.my gsg always ran well with fed bulk pack from chinamart and the dreded thunderbolt.never had any problems with either.mike suggested cci blazer.i tried 200rds of cci blazer.had 3 fial to ejects.other than that rifle ran great.then i broke out the fed bulk pack.300 rds and no problems.glad my rifle loves the cheap stuff.500ds fired and 3 fail to eject.i think it was the ammo and not the rifle.hats off to ATI,great cutomer service.!my gsg has navy lower,bushnell holosight,laser and flashlight combo,hk pin upgrade.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 9:02:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Like the lower....sick!
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 9:52:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn, nice to have a member to finally post a "Good day at range......" post, esp. considering my PK's and I have loads of shits and giggles together every time they have been to the range.  Not to mention the quickies in the garage with 10rd mags..... prob. the most enjoyment i have shooting them.  I got a nice little 20 yd. shot in my concrete basement that is safe and secure as long as i shoot 10 or so and wait a while to let the small amt. of vapors to dissipate.  

Nice to hear the good news, keep the beautiful bean footage rolling from the range pal!  

On a sidenote my pks must be the only gsg's that are not big fans of wallys fed bulk....the last several weeks been running mini mags only through them and switched to CLP for lube, and have not had a ftf due to ammo or gun,,,,,,,,,damn mag causes the only one every now and then.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:05:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice to hear some good things about the GSG again You did a really nice job on that ICS lower. Shaving that part thin so that the lower doesn't buldge out looks tricky to do clean. You just use a dremel?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:40:44 AM EDT
[#4]
i used a dremmel on the lower.it took along time.the trick is to go SLOW and keep checking.i put tape over the front in case of dremmel jump to protect it.in the tutorial it is suggested to use a pencil to mark where you cut out.i maked it first and then i put a piece of tape where the marks are on the inside to keep my lines straight.i have never have had problems with my gsg5 and i have put  thousands of rounds through it.i am very fussy person when it comes to my firearms.they are throughly cleaned and lubed  every time i come home from the range no matter how many rounds fired.i believe this prevents most problems,unless it is a product defect.i think alot of malfunctions are due to operator error,such as i mentioned on keeping you weapon clean and lubed.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:48:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Got a vid on youtube with that lower herenavy lower
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top