Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 9/6/2009 7:14:30 AM EDT
I just bought my GSG-5PK the other day and I really love this gun. I have shot around 400rds through it and I had 0 FTF and only 1 stovepipe. The only real problem I had was that on the last 3-4 mags, the bolt was not holding open on the last shot. I am using the factory 10rd mag and the ammo stayed the same through the whole shooting session. Could it be that it was just dirty and didnt have enough power to lock back? I tried using the search function but it didnt come back with anything.
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 8:18:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I say your issue is the mag, there really is no other reason your bolt should not be locked back on the last round.
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 9:45:34 AM EDT
[#2]
There is a small spring that engages the bolt stop, which you see when you look into the breach area.  Make sure that metal plate moves freely and that the spring is there.  Lots of folks lose that spring when they pull the bolt assembly out of the gun.

Link Posted: 9/6/2009 9:51:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Only problem is the OP didn't state whether or not he has taken it a part for cleaning.
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 2:21:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
There is a small spring that engages the bolt stop, which you see when you look into the breach area.  Make sure that metal plate moves freely and that the spring is there.  Lots of folks lose that spring when they pull the bolt assembly out of the gun.

This. (if you have taken it apart once) If you have, it's a common problem. Very small spring and it will get away from you without you even knowing it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 2:29:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 5:13:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I had not taken it apart to clean it when it was giving me the problems. I just took it all apart thanks to the how-to and gave it a nice clean/lube. I have read alot of the threads on here about that little spring so I made sure I didnt lose it upon dis-assembly. I did notice a small amount of metal on metal contact that was gouging the bolt. Is this normal?

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx292/srt-4_jon/DSC_4515.jpg

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx292/srt-4_jon/DSC_4512.jpg
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 1:22:00 AM EDT
[#7]
anyone have any idea about the metal wear?
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 5:04:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 5:21:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 8:13:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 8:18:15 AM EDT
[#11]
I spoke with Jeremy last week on the phone and he is a really nice kid, pretty well informed too.
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 8:20:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ok, so here's the response from Jeremy:

We have in fact seen this before. Although it is an uncommon occurrence, the gun will continue to work. Increased wear however, may cause the gun to malfunction in the future.  

So, basically, I would definately say that this situation will be covered under your warranty.  If you feel that this is negatively affecting your gun or just don't want to see it, you can send your bolt into us and we can fix/replace it for you.  Just give me a call at 1-800-290-0065 ex 153 or send me an email at [email protected] to set the wheels in motion.

And for all, if you haven't met him yet, we brought on Jeremy a few weeks ago as our third gunsmith.  Jeremy is Ray's son so you can expect the same high Caton Quality service.  That's no slam on Mike either, our three smiths are all top notch with all our imported guns.

I will give you a call then. that wear is what is keeping the bolt from holding open on my last shot.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:53:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. (if you have taken it apart once) If you have, it's a common problem. Very small spring and it will get away from you without you even knowing it.

Does anyone have a picture of this spring and location?  I am having similar issues.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:23:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:21:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does anyone have a picture of this spring and location?  I am having similar issues.

Check out the very top of this thread-

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=41&t=253513

Thanks for the reply.  I took a look and the spring is there.  Dont know what else it could be, I've only put about 200 rounds through the rifle.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:42:02 PM EDT
[#16]
try pushing up on the little metal tab in the mag well. It is what moves to hold the bolt open. Mine does not go all the way up and is causing my problem. I sent Chris an e-mail but I havent gotten a reply.
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top