Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 8/2/2009 6:26:00 AM EDT
the dreaded bolt crack finally appeared in my gsg the other day. the gun is about a year and a half old, so I do not know if they will cover this under warranty.

so my question is, has anyone had to anty up the cash and purchase a replacement? if so, how much did it set you back?

theres no question that ATI will take care of me whichever way it works out, just trying to figure how much I may have to pay.

also, to those of you who have sent in for warranty repair, did you have to undo all of your mods to the gun? like reinstall mag safety, remove sef trigger housing, remove HK pins......

thanks for any input.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 1:10:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Where can you buy replacement parts?
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 4:31:56 PM EDT
[#2]
The bolt cover will run you $20.00 with shipping from ATI, The entire bolt assembly runs $54.95 with the shiping charge.
Contact ATI directly they can get you the parts.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:01:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Full, can you go into a little history about your bolt? did you do the screw replacement and locktight? Do you attribute this to normal wear? How many rds have you put through the gun?
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:26:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Full, can you go into a little history about your bolt? did you do the screw replacement and locktight? Do you attribute this to normal wear? How many rds have you put through the gun?

I never needed to locktite any of the screws, every time I checked them they were tight, I did replace a couple due to stripping the threads and one rounded out head though. I'd put this in the 'normal' wear category, as I havent done anything else to the gun other than shoot it. I'd estimate my round count to be in the 5k range, pretty much every kind of ammo I can find.

so far the only real complaint about the gun is the accuracy, and how much the POI is affected by any pressure on the forearm.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:56:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Ty. 5K rounds is not really alot considering the volume you can churn out with the high cap mags.  Please let us know how you make out with this replacement.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 9:16:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top