Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 4/30/2009 6:03:53 AM EDT
What is the thread pitch of the gsg barrel? Is there an adapter out there for running a 1/2 x 28 can? Thanks.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 7:01:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Check with swarfworks.com   They make two versions for the PK.

I've got both. Below is a picture of the 3 lug. It is threaded 1/4 28 on the end with a thread protector in place. The other is just an adapter/protector. IMO the 3 lug looks fantastic on the gun without the can (much better then the stock flas suppressor). The shorter one looks better with the can. So I bought both.  Nice workmanship in these units and they shipped very quickly.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 9:45:02 AM EDT
[#2]
With a bit of dremel polishing, any of the thread adapters for the Sig Mosquito pistols will work - same thread pitch.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:00:02 AM EDT
[#3]
The threads are the same but is it long enough to allow the silencer to mount correctly?  I understood they were too short and allowed the silencer to bottom out on the sight post and not the shoulder.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 12:34:06 PM EDT
[#4]
the tech spec on the threads is M9 X .75 if that helps you out.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 4:26:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 4:46:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Julio at mygsg5.com has two options as well, both with 1/2x28 tpi threading for .22 cans.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:01:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Ordered the threaded end from:

www.mygsg5.com

That way I can put whatever flash hider on the end I desire.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:56:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I picked up one from swarfworks.com. The PK looks really nice with them on and you can add you choice of suppressor. But the nicest thing is that it is just long enough to keep you thumb from getting close to the muzzle.
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top