Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 10/10/2008 8:25:26 PM EDT
hey i just got my gsg i love it... its everything i expected. the only thing im not liking on it is the cheap stock. it wobbles significintly, from side to side. has anone else had this problem?
Link Posted: 10/10/2008 9:06:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Its a pretty well documented problem, but I seemed to have lucked out as my stock is pretty darn snug against the frame...
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 11:57:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, I think that I lucked out too, as mine is nice and snug.  It was actually hard to get on because it was so tight.  I figured that the manufacturer had heard all of the horror stories and fixed the problem.  I don't know what will happen in the future, once it has been removed and put back on for cleaning purposes, but if it starts to wobble, I'll replace it at that time with something else...or if it cracks, which I have read about also.  I sure wish that there was some type of fiberglass mixed in.  I actually like the original stock and I hope that it holds up.  My forearm is not as tight, but I have a new one coming anyway.  Good luck and shoot the heck out ot that thing!  
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 12:06:21 PM EDT
[#3]
My stock was tight, I dropped the gun and it broke....very cheap stocks,good gun. I dropped it on carpeted floor!! I now have an airsoft B&T look alike side folder, very tight and sturdy now!!
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 4:30:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
hey i just got my gsg i love it... its everything i expected. the only thing im not liking on it is the cheap stock. it wobbles significintly, from side to side. has anone else had this problem?

Just get a real MP5 stock from HK Parts.net
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 4:48:40 PM EDT
[#5]
My stock was tight side to side but had a slight up and down movement. The real HK stock I replaced it with is very nice. I love the gun I just hated spending another hundred bucks to get quality furniture. That money could have gone to purchasing another gun. Hkparts shipped quick and there stuff is great. My only problem was with the shipping on the website. It was 6 bucks for the butt and two push pins then I remembered I needed one more pin. The shipping jumped to 10 after I added the extra pin. Not a big deal but it sure made that pin almost double price.
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 6:00:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ditto,

I figured would install a real MP5 stock my self if I ever had to replace my GSG stock. It's not that hard from my understanding...just a little fitting is all.

Link Posted: 10/13/2008 8:02:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ditto,

I figured would install a real MP5 stock my self if I ever had to replace my GSG stock. It's not that hard from my understanding...just a little fitting is all.

It was really quite easy to do- just a bit of filing and dremeling. Took maybe an hour tops, and that was taking my time to check fit. In the end, other than the superficial resemblance between the GSG and HK stock, there is no comparision. The HK stock is a real weapon stock that's built like a friggin' tank.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 10:00:50 PM EDT
[#8]
hey thanks for all the comments, with the h&k stock is it easy to grind it to the size needed or does it take some time? and do you need to drill the bold hole on the reciver becuse i heard that hole is too small also?
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 5:16:52 AM EDT
[#9]
The stock does not take much to fit. Take a little off at a time and test fit until it is straight and snug. You will need to drill out the hole for the push pin. I don't remember the drill size. I used a piece of abs I had to drill some test holes to make sure it would be snug.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 4:28:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, welcome to the club, my stock wobbles from side to side too. With the GSG-5 already costing $500, I don't feel like dropping another $100+ to buy a real HK MP5 stock and then spending an hour or two fitting it and not screwing it up. You'd think for that $500 number they'd have a better stock as standard issue? This is an area that definitely needs to be improved on subsequent models.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 7:35:37 PM EDT
[#11]
You can pick up a non HK, US made MP5 buttstock from $20 to about $40 if you shop around

height=8
Quoted:
Yeah, welcome to the club, my stock wobbles from side to side too. With the GSG-5 already costing $500, I don't feel like dropping another $100+ to buy a real HK MP5 stock and then spending an hour or two fitting it and not screwing it up. You'd think for that $500 number they'd have a better stock as standard issue? This is an area that definitely needs to be improved on subsequent models.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 7:38:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Yeah, I agree that the GSG stock is a serious piece-o-poop. If it's any consolation, the real MP5 stock I got from HPParts.net was only $45- not $100+. It's used but in very good shape. Well worth the money in my opinion. It's rock solid.

Link Posted: 10/17/2008 7:39:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Try the following!

http://www.robertrtg.com/pofmp5blkbuttstockhandguard.html
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top