Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 7/22/2008 2:24:58 PM EDT
I'm looking in to getting a buffer for the cocking lever, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to remove it to see what's involved. So far I've removed the fake hider and foregrip, as well as the one phillips screw in the receiver between the tube and barrel. This is a Gen 2 GSG.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Never-mind. I got it! I just wasn't pulling hard enough.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:15:44 PM EDT
[#1]
You don't HAVE to get the buffer...if you've got a decent hardware store nearby that sells 3/8" OD clear flexible plastic tubing (similar to air pump hose for aquariums), buy a short piece...fits right in the hole in the forward end of the cocking handle slide assembly.  Cut to desired length.  I think mine for a GenI was about 1 1/2" long.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:20:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Is that tubing rigid enough to dampen the cocking lever over a long period of time? Seems like it would squish.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:30:36 PM EDT
[#3]
So far seems to be, but I've only had it in for 2-3 months now and I'm estimating 70-80 drops of the cocking lever (a little less than 2K rounds).  I just checked it and there doesn't appear to be any deformation.

Oh, and don't forget the Loctite on any screw you've removed!
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top