Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 7/22/2008 9:31:51 AM EDT
I'm picking up a new in the box GSG-5 tonight from a local gentlemen who bought it new one month ago and never shot it.

I tried to ask him what version is was, version 1 or 2 but he said he didn't even know there was a Version 1 or 2 and did not have the gun in front of him (he was at work at the time) so he was unable to check the front sight for me.

Anyway I'm driven an hour and a half to pick it up tonight and I'm going to take it either way but what differences do the Version 1's have over the Versions 2?

Can I upgrade this into a Version 2 if its a Version 1? Is there any need to? I guess what I'm asking is if anything was changed due to failure?

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:55:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:04:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Which the front sight will get changed out with Classic Army because I'm installing that HK style quick detach suppressor and the rear will be changed out with an ICS I have in the shop.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 1:24:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Gen 2 doesn't 'ping' the cocking tube
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:40:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Gen 2 doesn't 'ping' the cocking tube

What do you mean gen 2 doesnt ping the cocking tube? I've got one from aimsurplus that is gen 2, it makes contact with metal when you "cock" the gun and release it, hints the reason there are TWO versions of the GSG buffer, one for gen 1 and one for gen 2, both very different.
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top