Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2008 10:08:16 PM EDT
Has anyone done a side-by-side comparision of the CA retractables and the OEM?  I have the OEM and I'm not real impressed.  From what I read the new CA has a plastic cap like the OEM but I'm wondering if the quality of the CA is any better.  Also, the OEM retractable is a little shorter than the original A2 stock so I'm wondering if the CA retractable is any longer than the OEM retractable.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:06:59 AM EDT
[#1]
The best ones are the older CA stocks with all metal endcaps. You'll play hell finding one now .
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:36:39 PM EDT
[#2]
My GSG brand suck donkey balls on slop and play.  It is as bad or worse than my plastic airsoft one.  I have a replacement on the way.  I will report back.

Bob
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:13:05 PM EDT
[#3]
The CA A173M has a metal endcap and a little side to side wobble; it doesn't affect shooting. An HK has less but still moves. I like it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:46:35 PM EDT
[#4]
odontia32m, is your replacement coming from GSG or ATI?  What did they tell you that leads you to believe that the replacement will be different than the first?  Is it too much to hope that GSG has seen the error of their ways on these cheap plastic buttstocks?

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:39:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
odontia32m, is your replacement coming from GSG or ATI?  What did they tell you that leads you to believe that the replacement will be different than the first?  Is it too much to hope that GSG has seen the error of their ways on these cheap plastic buttstocks?

ATI according to GSG.  If ATI is out of them GSG will send it.

I bet I get the same piece of ($70) shit.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:23:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I have the new CA stock and it locks up firm with no movement at all.  Only downside is it has only 3 positions.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:51:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have the new CA stock and it locks up firm with no movement at all.  Only downside is it has only 3 positions.

is that model #A173M?

and i guess the old one is A030M?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:37:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

is that model #A173M?

and i guess the old one is A030M?

I have no idea on the model number.  The side rails that slide on the gun are the new plastic covered model, looks alot better than the old one and I think is of a higher quality material.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:29:38 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm actually a Classic Army (CA) dealer and they sent me a parts list update a couple days ago listing new parts in from Hong Kong and they actually sell the metal end caps on there own for those of you who don't like the plastic ones they stocks come with now days.

Any CA dealer can order one.

We do not stock them at our shop but AEX (Airsoft Extreme) does.

http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=598&products_id=902

Actually, looks like they have a GSG-5 section now too.

http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=598
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:45:24 PM EDT
[#10]
I just got the GSG-5 sliding stock 202261 and it locks up rock solid and feels better than I expected it would.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:49:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I just got the GSG-5 sliding stock 202261 and it locks up rock solid and feels better than I expected it would.

thats what i ordered from Cope's Dist last night.  can't beat $54 shipped.
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top