Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 7/18/2008 10:21:27 AM EDT
Just got the GSG-5 brand stock in yesterday.  I put it on, and it seems funky.  The sliding stock will slide all the way off?  I've seperated the slide from the rear cap, and for the life of me I don't see how it should work??

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 3:07:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes it will slid all the way off. Put it back on then hold the release lever and pull it out a little. Let go of release and pull it the rest of the way and it will lock into position. I think there are 3 positions.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 3:17:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Really, it will always slide all the way off?  That seems pretty odd.  Seem like you could do a set screw or something to keep it from coming all the way off.

Do all the third party ones do this also?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 3:21:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had the Classic Army, as well as the GSG, and both of them do it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:11:19 PM EDT
[#4]
My gsg brand is no better or worse than my $30 airsoft.  I contacted gsg and a new one is on the way.  Way sloppy when retracted.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 10:46:35 PM EDT
[#5]
MIne doesn't lock at any position.  The toggle switch on the end cap is all the way to the right (from the back of the gun) on the ejection port side.  It will rotate to the left when it gets to the preset indents on the stock slides, but ends up all the way back to the right (ejection port side)?

What a POS?  I'm thinking that the round part on the inside of the cap, the two prongs that stick out aren't engaging what they should?

My family says I have a touch like a Gorilla, but this would never stand up to any real use.  Is the folding stock better?

FMCDH
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:41:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Take the stock off and check  screw on the inside of the endcap to see if it's loose or way too tight. If the endcap goes on too tight, (like a lot of tapping) it could also cause binding.
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top