Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 7/17/2008 2:52:12 PM EDT
I have handled these but have not shot one.  I was a little disapointed in it when I handled it.  It seemed to me as if it was an Airsoft Rifle converted to fire .22cal.  I know this is not the case but that the first impression it left with me.

It has a very high CDI factor and from what I have read here and other sites it seems to work reasonably well for most people.

I am thinking about buying one just for the hell of it due to the price of bigger caliber ammo.

Does anyone have any complaints about breakage or poor quality?
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 3:39:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I consider it overpriced for an average to below-average quality rifle.

That being said, I shoot my GSG more than any other gun BY FAR.  If you buy it thinking it is an ultra-reliable, sturdy combat rifle, then you will be disappointed.  If you are looking for a plinker that is FUN and CHEAP to shoot, then I strongly recommend it.  

The factory stock is very cheap and breaks easily; most people end up buying a replacement Airsoft folding or retractable stock.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 10:07:57 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have handled these but have not shot one.  I was a little disapointed in it when I handled it.  It seemed to me as if it was an Airsoft Rifle converted to fire .22cal.  I know this is not the case but that the first impression it left with me.
?

That is exactly what it is. And they're very cool.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 1:39:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I just got one and it shoots great.I am very careful when cleaning it as I have seen others stripping the screws.So far 1200 round with onlt two FTF.I have been shooting the cheap federal bulk pack from Wally world.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:25:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought up enough ammo to fill up a 30 cal can, and ive gone through most of it. This rifle is just such a plinker, I bought it exactly because its cheap to shoot, yet so fun. In fact I had one of the very first ones to come out, still no problems, and the stock doesnt wobble, and hasnt broken thank god. So im pleased very much by it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:46:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I am impressed with all but the stocks.  I am not going on a delta force mission with it.  It is a fun/cool gun.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:15:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Ditto: very cool and fun, but the stock is very cheap. In fact, I'd go as far to say that the stock is so cheap they'd be better of just shipping it without one.

Already have a real fixed HK stock on order to be here this week.
Link Posted: 8/14/2008 6:14:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Ditto: very cool and fun, but the stock is very cheap. In fact, I'd go as far to say that the stock is so cheap they'd be better of just shipping it without one.

Will this stock fit without any modifications and where did you find it and how much?
Details please....
Link Posted: 8/14/2008 7:08:00 PM EDT
[#8]
a little expensive but will have more fun out of it than any oyher without the regret, wait for awhile i expect the prise to fall somewhat due to dupply and demand but great customer service on anything from ray at amchar.... have 2 and no problems so far couple hundred rounds in each
Link Posted: 8/14/2008 9:08:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Will this stock fit without any modifications and where did you find it and how much?
Details please....

Here's my original post about the HK stock, with several pics and details. Purchased from HKParts.net for $45. Was very happy with both the stock and service. You'll need to get the HK push-pin too, which I think is $5.00.

Link Posted: 8/15/2008 1:59:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I consider it overpriced for an average to below-average quality rifle.

That being said, I shoot my GSG more than any other gun BY FAR.  If you buy it thinking it is an ultra-reliable, sturdy combat rifle, then you will be disappointed.  If you are looking for a plinker that is FUN and CHEAP to shoot, then I strongly recommend it.  

The factory stock is very cheap and breaks easily; most people end up buying a replacement Airsoft folding or retractable stock.

I'm with stupid.
Link Posted: 8/16/2008 5:35:29 PM EDT
[#11]
i just got one tuesday,& its well worth waiting for.(waited a month) i dont see why everyone says the stock is flimsy like a halloween mask or something.its pretty solid,& its a tight fit with no wiggle.the screwdriver they provide is a piece of junk, & the allen head tool does not fit the bolt that removes the metal tab that holds the bolt assembly in. my only other gripe is a tight bolt on the thumb ramps of the magazine which i slightly loosened & locktited(mag was bogging down).its one of the coolest 22's ive ever had,& ive had many over the last 30 years.reliable, accurate,shoots 5 shot groups at 25 yards in a small cluster.i think with a scope & target ammo,it will shoot some tight groups@25 yards.at this point i disregard ever negative thing ive read about this gun.for anyone who wants a real cool 22,thats fun to shoot,this is it!
Link Posted: 8/18/2008 9:18:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I too AGREE the overall quality for a GERMAN MADE firearm is very very POOR!  I've carried the real MP5 on many raids and the only reason I bought one was it was GERMAN MADE. The GSG5 I got reminds me as if it was made in CHINA and is a major disappointment.  I'd of spent a few hundred dollars more for better quality.  Yes, many of the people are right when they say it is a AIRSOFT gun made to fire .22 ammo.

They should offer the current Cheaply made version and a HIGH END version for us folks that know what a quality weapon is made of.

I won't be buying another one.  I enjoy my M16 SBR 11.5" and my AR15 SBR in 10".

H&K isn't too happy seeing junk like this copying the real MP5 gun!

Bear
Link Posted: 8/19/2008 8:17:41 PM EDT
[#13]
hey dudes   there is a poor man,s version out there for just about anything

next time a kool bike passes you on the highway and your kid says dad ,

look at the the harley .   oooppss look twice it may not bee so.

some companies go quality or quantity   on things ,     you make the guess
Link Posted: 8/19/2008 9:33:20 PM EDT
[#14]
dont hate u cant find many firearms that that u want to shoot for under 4-5 hundred any longer those days are over. and no one is giving up their arms anymore
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top