Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 6/1/2008 11:34:25 AM EDT
Hi Guys,

I picked up my GSG-5 and ended up getting an EOTech 511 and rail for it.

I mounted the optics rail onto the receiver and didn't notice the alignment issue until looking from the rear of the weapon.

When looking from the rear... the optic  and/or rail looks to be canted to the right of the weapon and not staight up.

I have taken the EOTech off and tried it on a A3 upper of an AR15 and the optic was straight so I am leaning toward the mount or the area where the mount locks up is not right.

I am sure some of you guys have this same mount and can tell me if yours is the same way?

This is the mount that I bought for it:

www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=100287597

Here are the pics of the units mounted to the gun. You can see the right side cant of the scope and /or rail on reciever.

Link Posted: 6/1/2008 12:44:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 1:11:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's what I did to fix that problem.

I took the little tabs on top of recieve down a little with a fine metal file where the slot on the bottom of the mount guides in onto the receiver. This allowed the scope rail to lower/cant a bit more to the left and almost level.

Then I took the mount off and took a file to the claws that grab the receiver down a bit on the inside to allow even more cant travel to the left.

When doing this the rail is now level and the EOTech is now fairly level. I will probably do a bit more but this will hold me over for now.

Thanks for your help!

Here's the pic of the scope mounted now....
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 5:26:21 PM EDT
[#3]
NICE
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 9:08:17 PM EDT
[#4]
i dont understand why you would put a $530 sight on a $500 gun.  WTF-over?

To me, its like putting $2000 rims on a $200 car

eta: ok, i actually googled it and its 359 bucks on optics planet, but the same principal applies. This gun is cool but its still a toy,,,your eotech is my car payment,,,,i plan on decking my gsg5 out el cheapo style
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 3:54:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

eta: ok, i actually googled it and its 359 bucks on optics planet, but the same principal applies. This gun is cool but its still a toy,,,your eotech is my car payment,,,,i plan on decking my gsg5 out el cheapo style

I tried other redots and didnt like them. I wanted to try it with this one with the idea if I l don't like it, then I will put it on my 9mm AR that I am building on my preban lower.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:46:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

you can put the EOTech on your 20+ other guns, unlike the $2000 [with little retail value] rims that may only fit your one or 2 cars.  and in the scheme of things its not that much money for what you get.
Link Posted: 6/8/2008 7:12:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Well to answer this, I got back from a range trip yesterday where I shot out the entire black 4" circle at 50 yards.

Enough said
Link Posted: 6/8/2008 5:13:02 PM EDT
[#8]
a

Quoted:

answer is simple. some has the money to burn and some don't. another good example of this is a ruger 10/22. $250 gun $1000 mods.
Link Posted: 6/8/2008 8:42:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I have the same mount and so does a friend of mine.  (They actually came with the GSG-5's when we purchased them.)  He mentioned his was canted with his EOTech and when I checked  mine was, too (but maybe not quite as much as the photo above).  They are both definitely canted though.  I will probably try to do some filing on the mount (not the gun) and see if I can square things up a bit.  We both already had the EOTech's sitting in our safes so why not switch them around e.g. from AR to GSG.  No sense in buying a dedicated red dot just for the GSG-5.  All we do is write down the adjustments for each gun so sighting in when switching is pretty easy.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:44:56 AM EDT
[#10]
my "factory" mount  cants a bit as well.  For a range plinker, I don't know if I'll spend a lot of time dremeling, versus  centering with the Eotech adjustments.
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top