Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 4/16/2008 9:08:01 PM EDT
Just wanted to let you all know a way to save a few bucks. I used the scope mount that came with my 10/22, which mated to the forearm quite nicely, as a mount for my vfg. I used the casting seam as the alignment and marked the holes from the mount itself, holding it where it would not interfere with the set-screw. almost looks like I knew what I was doing. Make sure you use nuts and washers on the inside of the forearm. This may be redundant, but I thought I'd share the info anyway.Took a whole ten minutes to do. Trust me if I can do it, ANYONE can. All I wanted the ris/ras for was a vfg, this was perfecto. And to think I was about to throw that mount away.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 6:10:28 AM EDT
[#1]
hey this looks cool, but i'm not sure i follow what you did.

So you took a picatinny rail and screwed it into the original forend? can you send more close-up pics of the rail/foreend?

thanks!
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:14:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Ya I took the scope rail that came with my new ruger 10/22 and screwed it to the front hand guard. I used the seam as the centering mark, marked where the screws would go by holding the mount where I wanted it and scratching the plastic through the mounting holes. I drilled holes at the marks and used screws and nuts to hold the mount securely. I'll get more pics when I get home.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 5:53:35 PM EDT
[#3]
that can't be very sturdy. is it?
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:41:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I shot it today, sturdy enough to not require any thought or worry through 550 rds. I dont plan on having a ton of force on plastic parts to begin with but its fully capeable of holdings the guns weight with no wobble or flex. I dont plan on doing urban assaults or room clearing with this one so I can see it lasting a good while.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 9:38:27 AM EDT
[#5]
LOL!
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top