Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 1/7/2003 6:25:25 AM EDT
Which do you prefer for a fixed blade SHTF/Combat/Field knife, Strider or TOPS? I like both but for the time being will only be able to afford one. There are a few models of each I like, but I cant decide which brand. Does anyone have any actual field use with one? Any thoughts appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:32:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Ive got a number of TOPS knives. Some are wonderful, some are totally impractical. I carry the Street scalpel everyday. Its a beefy little rod...with an edge! Just as good for bludgeoning as anything. I find the blade hard to use in practical situations though, becuase the spine of the blade is 1/4 inch thick, and the angle tends to get in the way. But on the other hand, Ill do stuff with it that I wouldnt dream of doing with my Sebenza, like pry things open or serve as a throwing dart. Overall, I like tops, but they dont offer serrations that I am aware, and many of their knives are LARGE is one way or another. Their Magnum folders are just enormous!! If you are going to be abusing it, get a tops. If its a pocket queen, or just a light duty worker, get something else. Sorry, no experience with Striders. NW
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top