Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 4/17/2016 7:48:37 PM EDT
Everything but two knives is nla
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 10:04:47 PM EDT
[#1]
That Busse's business model.  They come out with a knife for a while, sell it for a month or so, then you never see them made again.  Sometimes they make the models again for the Knob Creek gunshow and the Blade show.  Most of the time once they are gone you seldom see them make that same model again. They may make another variant of a model, like a skinny version, fatter version of it, and double cut finish, etc.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 1:46:41 AM EDT
[#2]
To keep collectors buying, spur impulse purchases, and prevent secondary market saturation (value loss).

Side effect is that what would be an awesome knife to really use turns into something you can't replace should you lose it.

I really believe they are outstandingly tough (i've got a few "kin" that I really like.....but when the rubber meets theroad, I take less unobtanium blades with me to the field and my kin stay in my shtf stash.

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:08:53 AM EDT
[#3]
They do offer new blades (at present) once a week usually on wednesday.
You can sign up for their newsletter to get notified when the new offerings comes out.
I guess the fact that the models they release are limited is part of the appeal to Busse collectors.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 10:59:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 6:12:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, so the limited offerings (usually 1 or 2 models) They go live on Wednesday nights,
then you get the "last call" notification email from Busse after a few days and wont be able to order those models again after that.
(unless you contact them directly and see if they had any cancellations)
There's always the secondary market, tho I would avoid ebay as much as possible.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top