Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 6/30/2015 6:03:33 PM EDT
I have used a spyderco calypso jr  as my EDC for the last 25 years.  I has been a perfect utility, defense, hell every thing knife.   I want to change things up.  I am thinking of using a spyderco clipitool as my EDC tool, and a civilian as a dedicated defense knife.  (no ccw in Hawaii.)  What say you?  Going from 1 to 2 knives every day much?  Any thoughts?  Want to stay with spyderco, the calypso jr was too good to me for a quarter of a century.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:28:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been carrying the Endura Wave and Delica Wave for my EDC blades for a while, usually the Endura. The wave feature makes deployment incredibly fast and smooth, though it takes some practice to get right.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 5:03:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I havent heard anything bad of Spyderco, and obviously your knife's lasted a pretty long time and speaks their quality.
Ive been switching back and forth between a Kershaw RJ1 and a SOG Flash II.
I was given the SOG by my dad about 5 years ago and its been a very nice knife.
The Kershaw i picked up at a gun show a few years ago for like half retail and its been a trooper.
Although the Kershaw's speedsafe just took a poop so im going to send it in for repairs.
Hopefully they can fix it, its been discontinued.

FYI: Gun shows are a great place to get knives
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 2:35:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Spyderco has tons of options.

My favorite Spydie is my Gayle Bradley, with the, Gayle Bradley 2 coming out its definitely worth a look.

If I was looking for an all purpose EDC the Manix 2 lightweight in S110v is an amazingoption  

Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top