Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 8/8/2014 12:03:13 AM EDT
Greetings,

I am looking to replace a lost Emerson Waved Delica. I was shocked to see much these knives have gone up in price
in the last few years. I paid about $45 for my last Delica now they sell for around $65-75!

Can anyone recommend a dealer who sells Spydercos at a competitive price?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 3:44:26 AM EDT
[#1]
$62 @ Amazon - free shipping + no tax...
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:28:51 AM EDT
[#2]
stuff doesn't always still cost what stuff used to cost . . .
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:26:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Only buy from amazon prime dealers as they are authorized spyderco retailers. Don't trust the others on amazon.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:32:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Only buy from amazon prime dealers as they are authorized spyderco retailers. Don't trust the others on amazon.
View Quote

I'm not sure I get this. I own a small pawnshop and carry a few Spyderco knives in my shop. I buy them from one of my firearms distributors. I'm certainly not an "authorized" Spyderco retailer but the knives I stock are definitely legit. Perhaps Spyderco has some sort of exclusive distribution for their top-of-the-line stuff, but their regular production knives are available from a number of sources. What exactly is an "authorized Spyderco retailer"?

ETA: For the record, I don't sell on Amazon.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:05:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I get mine from here. http://www.knifeworks.com
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:31:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm not sure I get this. I own a small pawnshop and carry a few Spyderco knives in my shop. I buy them from one of my firearms distributors. I'm certainly not an "authorized" Spyderco retailer but the knives I stock are definitely legit. Perhaps Spyderco has some sort of exclusive distribution for their top-of-the-line stuff, but their regular production knives are available from a number of sources. What exactly is an "authorized Spyderco retailer"?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are a lot of counterfeit spyderco's around lately, so the only way to know you are getting a legit one on Amazon is by going with a store that's Amazon fulfillment(Prime). At least that's what I was told by Spyderco customer service.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:34:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's saying that cheap Spydercos online are commonly fakes. Imagine your disappointment when you get a knife that looks like a Spyderco but has the 400 series steel blade of a Walmart steak knife.

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:27:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

There are a lot of counterfeit spyderco's around lately, so the only way to know you are getting a legit one on Amazon is by going with a store that's Amazon fulfillment(Prime). At least that's what I was told by Spyderco customer service.
View Quote

Yeah, right . . .  Wouldn't have anything to do with Spyderco wanting to control the price, would it?

BTW, Spyderco seems to be selling conterfeit Spydercos these days . . . Isn't that really what a Made in China Spyderco is? Sure, Spyderco may have contracted the production and they are doing the marketing and distribution but still . . .

I not being completely serious here. But the whole "authorized retailer" thing rings a little hollow when Spyderco is cheapening their own brand. It's like they want it both ways. They want to maintain the allure of the brand by establishing "authorized" retailers while, at the same time, selling knives through wholesale distributors and bringing out their own budget models.

Here's a photo from Spyderco's website. Note that word on the blade right above the clip . . . "China" . . . Is that a real Spyderco or a fake Spyderco? I suppose it depends on what the definition of "is" is . . .

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:28:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

He's saying that cheap Spydercos online are commonly fakes. Imagine your disappointment when you get a knife that looks like a Spyderco but has the 400 series steel blade of a Walmart steak knife.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know that Walmart sells Spyderco, right? At least online they do . . .
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 10:14:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yeah, right . . .  Wouldn't have anything to do with Spyderco wanting to control the price, would it?

BTW, Spyderco seems to be selling conterfeit Spydercos these days . . . Isn't that really what a Made in China Spyderco is? Sure, Spyderco may have contracted the production and they are doing the marketing and distribution but still . . .

I not being completely serious here. But the whole "authorized retailer" thing rings a little hollow when Spyderco is cheapening their own brand. It's like they want it both ways. They want to maintain the allure of the brand by establishing "authorized" retailers while, at the same time, selling knives through wholesale distributors and bringing out their own budget models.

Here's a photo from Spyderco's website. Note that word on the blade right above the clip . . . "China" . . . Is that a real Spyderco or a fake Spyderco? I suppose it depends on what the definition of "is" is . . .

http://www.spyderco.com/pix/products/large/C122G_L.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why are you referencing a chinese made spyderco? were talking about fakes. A Chinese tenacious model is different than a fake Chinese knock off paramilitary 2 that costs 10 bucks but sells for 150. There's a difference between deception and knowing what you're getting.

Why you getting all defensive bud? Nobody said you were selling fakes. Just saying there are tons out there. You sell tjese things for a living and you dont know about the fake spyderco market? Strikes me as odd.

Spyderco is probably just sick of people reaching out to them to see if their knives are real or not.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 10:55:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Why are you referencing a chinese made spyderco? were talking about fakes. A Chinese tenacious model is different than a fake Chinese knock off paramilitary 2 that costs 10 bucks but sells for 150. There's a difference between deception and knowing what you're getting.

Why you getting all defensive bud? Nobody said you were selling fakes. Just saying there are tons out there. You sell tjese things for a living and you dont know about the fake spyderco market? Strikes me as odd.

Spyderco is probably just sick of people reaching out to them to see if their knives are real or not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The answer to your question is contained in my post . . .

"I not being completely serious here. But the whole "authorized retailer" thing rings a little hollow when Spyderco is cheapening their own brand. It's like they want it both ways. . . . "

BTW, this started when you said "Only buy from amazon prime dealers as they are authorized spyderco retailers. Don't trust the others on amazon." Can  you point me to an Amazon seller who is offering fake Spydercos and trying to pass them off as the real thing?

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 11:08:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are "dealers" sligning fake spydercos on Amazon.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 11:18:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got a link?
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 11:25:53 AM EDT
[#14]
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/796442-Spyderco-Fakes-amp-Knock-Offs-Info

I think that's a thread with fakes from Amazon (a couple, most are Ebay)

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/895427-The-best-fake-by-far

All those are from Ebay but I've seen similar on Amazon when I was looking at PM2's
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 12:09:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Was saying to go through an amazon fulfillment dealer for the most protection. You are backed by amazon in those circumstances. Look for the prime symbol and you're good to go. Non prime dealers don't have to abide by the same rules and can potentially bend you over on a return.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 4:40:23 AM EDT
[#16]
never mind . . .
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 9:56:04 AM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 8/9/2014 10:26:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Spyderco offers many options and IMO they are all high value.  

The Chinese lineup use the cheapest materials and labor and are priced accordingly. They are budget Spydercos and I admire them for offering it as an option rather then shipping the other higher quality knives over to china and charging near the same as we have seen other companies doing.

The Taiwan lineup are the best of the bunch for F&F and use the highest quality materials and are very high value

I personally like and buy golden and seki made spydercos as VG10 and s30v (among others) work just fine for me.

Link Posted: 8/9/2014 5:55:12 PM EDT
[#19]
New graham

Howes knife shop

Sierra trading post

Old country knives
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top