Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 12/14/2013 8:25:46 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:37:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Knife Safety Rules for Kids

A good project is whittling. You and the child can both whittle together and make whatever you want to make. It's something nice to do together. As far as knife safety, well. Explain to the child about how boo boos feel and if they understand the pain. Then explain that if they are unsafe with a knife, they'll get a wound/boo boo that hurts as bad or worse. You will also need to be a bit authoritarian when it comes to using the knife so they know it is serious business. I did this with my nephew and for the first few minutes of whittling he held the knife and I held his hand and showed him how to properly use the knife on the wood. Just make sure they are sitting down and using proper technique and it is easy to monitor them that way.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top