Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2012 5:41:52 AM EDT
These are two very similar tactical folders and which I think beg comparison. Here's a link to my comparative review:

The Paramilitary 2 vs. The Manix 2 on ThruMyLens

Enjoy and do let me know your thoughts on these two great knives!

-John
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:00:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Where was this yesterday John? I was trying to figure out which I would like more this past weekend and ended up doing the ARFCOM thing and just got both. Manix 2 tan m4 and m390 blue para2 on the way.

Love your reviews btw, thanks for doing them.

Pat
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 1:14:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Good review.

Have both.  Carry the manix more.  The PM2 is a great knife, but the manix is just beefier if you know what I mean.

I also like the ball lock better than the compression lock.  Although the PM2 has a faster "flick" feeling to it....but if you fully release the ball lock on the manix the blade will swing freely, showing no resistance.  They both open fast, just feel different in the way that they do.....

The downside is that the manix is a good bit heavier.  In jeans, it doesn't matter.  But if weight is a deal for you, the PM2 has the advantage there.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:12:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Where was this yesterday John? I was trying to figure out which I would like more this past weekend and ended up doing the ARFCOM thing and just got both. Manix 2 tan m4 and m390 blue para2 on the way.

Love your reviews btw, thanks for doing them.

Pat

That's a great pair of sprint runs.  I THINK the Para 2 blue is being reissued/second batch.  Did you get one of the first batch examples?
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:13:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Good review.

Have both.  Carry the manix more.  The PM2 is a great knife, but the manix is just beefier if you know what I mean.

I also like the ball lock better than the compression lock.  Although the PM2 has a faster "flick" feeling to it....but if you fully release the ball lock on the manix the blade will swing freely, showing no resistance.  They both open fast, just feel different in the way that they do.....

The downside is that the manix is a good bit heavier.  In jeans, it doesn't matter.  But if weight is a deal for you, the PM2 has the advantage there.

Agree on all counts.  
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:45:36 AM EDT
[#5]
John-
No, unfortunatly the blue para 2 is from the second release. I figured I have enough knives I could wait a few weeks for it to come in instead of paying the markups they are going for on the secondary market. The Manix 2 came yesterday and is amazing so far. The lock is taking some getting used to as I normally carry an emerson or a strider all of which are frame locks. I can say I am very impressed at how this stacks up against my emersons. Not that they are bad knives, but that this feels just as robust, with no blade play and shaving sharp from the factory. For the price I call it a steal! Now even more excited for the Para to come in as i know the m390 is a little more stain resistant. Will for sure have to keep my eyes open for more spydercos to add to the collection. Not sure why I stayed away so long, not the cheap seeming knives I mistakenly thought they were.

Pat
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top