Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 2/12/2012 11:48:38 AM EDT
here's yet another new design for the new year.  this is a variant of our BullDozer model.  this one is 7.75" long and cut from a thick slab of 5160 spring steel.  very stark, raw look and a mean little carry knife.  one of my personal favorites to make.  it has a rounded spine with some notches and whatnot along the spine.  if i ever get some extra time, i am going to make myself one with some nice black horn scales.  this one is more in keeping with my apocalypse theme for 2012.

TPS

Link Posted: 2/12/2012 12:13:10 PM EDT
[#1]
WTF??  How do you get that finish????  That is beautiful!
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 12:34:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I like it.  Very utilitarian minimalist look.  Well done.
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 1:06:24 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks.  the finish is just a few household chemicals in the proper proportions.  cold blue and bleach.

TPS
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 1:10:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice.  I like simple unique designs like this.
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 1:33:30 PM EDT
[#5]
The etching is similar to this Fiddleback blade.

Quoted:
thanks.  the finish is just a few household chemicals in the proper proportions.  cold blue and bleach.

TPS

Link Posted: 2/12/2012 1:48:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

TPS

Off to google...that is an incredible liikong finish.  Beats my scale finish 1000%
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 4:38:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I like the design and finish. It would look killer with some thin G10 multi color and textured scales.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:04:20 PM EDT
[#8]
i am probably going to a run of these with different handle treatments.  i am making one for myself with black horn scales.  i am into natural materials lately.    

TPS
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top