Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/30/2011 7:31:20 PM EDT
They got a few cool colors.  It's their sort of take on the izula/becker necker kind of knife.
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 8:40:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the heads up, but I will stick with my izula.

I was gonna bash the price, went and looked at the knife and it is priced pretty reasonably.
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 8:52:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I picked one up thanks.
Link Posted: 3/31/2011 1:42:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Picked up a black and an orange one.  For the price with a Mashed Cat sheath they are a better deal than the Izula in my opinion.
Link Posted: 3/31/2011 3:52:02 AM EDT
[#4]
WOOOT! I've been watching for this.....Off to order!
Link Posted: 3/31/2011 5:55:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Must. Resist.  I love buying knives and I really want one of these but I'm trying to save money
Link Posted: 3/31/2011 7:18:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Must. Resist.  I love buying knives and I really want one of these but I'm trying to save money

Look at this way, you will be saving money because if you get it later on a secondary market it will be more money
Link Posted: 3/31/2011 7:35:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look at this way, you will be saving money because if you get it later on a secondary market it will be more money

Good way to look at it!  Just ordered one
Link Posted: 3/31/2011 7:43:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol we're going away for the weekend....I'm going to buy mine right before we leave so maybe my wife won't notice it with all the other charges when we get back.......
Link Posted: 3/31/2011 8:33:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol we're going away for the weekend....I'm going to buy mine right before we leave so maybe my wife won't notice it with all the other charges when we get back.......

Great idea!
Link Posted: 4/1/2011 5:16:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Damnit!  

Just paid for my Rodent Solutions last week.

Going back to trying to talk myself out of one...
Link Posted: 4/1/2011 4:02:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Ordered a black and tanker grey scrapivore yesterday.
Link Posted: 4/1/2011 8:52:55 PM EDT
[#12]
I couldn't resist after my LE.  I ordered a sage, gray, and orange.
Link Posted: 4/1/2011 9:08:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Lol just a muddy here. Kinda stoked about the sheath package took!
Link Posted: 4/1/2011 9:27:52 PM EDT
[#14]
I ordered an orange but perhaps someone could explain why I see so many people are buying 3, 4, or more of these? Sure, they are a limited run and some like to collect knives but is it standard practice to just order 5 of each knife they offer and then resell them when they are no longer available or something?
Link Posted: 4/1/2011 9:37:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Andrew, many people order several so they can give them away, have backups, and some to resell/trade at a later date.  The way the new order system works is great as it has taken a lot of the reselling out, there are still resale but the majority of us get to get what we want.  The old system was SY would build so many blades and then have a sell off which generally went very quick.  The blades from the old system are the ones that still command some good coin since they were limited in numbers more so than the current system blades.
Link Posted: 4/1/2011 9:45:44 PM EDT
[#16]
So how often do the different lines offer a new model? I have read that their runs usually last 4-6 weeks. Do they jump into a run of new knives shortly after that?
Link Posted: 4/2/2011 4:06:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Broke down and bought a Muddy.

Link Posted: 4/2/2011 5:01:31 AM EDT
[#18]
The Las few runs have been longer than 6 weeks.  It varries but they seem to be adding more and more time having blades available.  Inbetween offerings there is usually about 4-8 weeks, and during that time they normally have extras from the previous run you can buy.
Link Posted: 4/2/2011 10:36:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Sounds good. I guess I can wait until I get and put the Scrapivore through its paces before I decide if I want to get a Swamp Rat Ratmandu then.
Link Posted: 4/2/2011 11:56:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Sounds good. I guess I can wait until I get and put the Scrapivore through its paces before I decide if I want to get a Swamp Rat Ratmandu then.

IDE be careful on that I bought my helm back in like may or something. Swamprats current knife isn't the ratmandu, I think they are in between right now and all u can get are left overs till they are gone.
Link Posted: 4/2/2011 12:42:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

IDE be careful on that I bought my helm back in like may or something. Swamprats current knife isn't the ratmandu, I think they are in between right now and all u can get are left overs till they are gone.

That is fine. To be honest I think I was trying to talk myself into one more than anything so if I miss out it won't bother me.
Link Posted: 4/2/2011 1:21:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
So how often do the different lines offer a new model? I have read that their runs usually last 4-6 weeks. Do they jump into a run of new knives shortly after that?

Sometimes it is immediate, and other times it takes a bit.
Link Posted: 4/2/2011 1:32:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Just ordered one.  Guess I'll compare to my Izula when I get it...and the loser hits the EE!
Link Posted: 4/2/2011 4:38:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Shadow4Golf, sounds like you have a plan.
Link Posted: 4/2/2011 9:12:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Just ordered one.  Guess I'll compare to my Izula when I get it...and the loser hits the EE!

Two men enter one man leaves!
Link Posted: 4/12/2011 7:49:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is fine. To be honest I think I was trying to talk myself into one more than anything so if I miss out it won't bother me.

You can get RatManDu's right now from the shop.  I think they have some in stock, and if not, you can put in an order still.  I highly suggest both the RatManDu and the Scrapivore.
Link Posted: 4/22/2011 9:07:33 AM EDT
[#27]
And My cc just got billed !!!
Link Posted: 4/22/2011 11:00:34 AM EDT
[#28]
So how much longer does that mean before delivery? I prepaid via paypal on March 31. Think that will get me in the initial batch?
Link Posted: 4/22/2011 11:16:43 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm sure, normally whenever they charge your card, it means they are ready to start shipping.
Link Posted: 4/22/2011 11:38:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Thats usually been my experience with scrapyard knives.  

They should be shipping soon.
Link Posted: 4/22/2011 11:43:43 AM EDT
[#31]
I ordered mine March 31st and my card was just charged too!
Link Posted: 4/22/2011 1:35:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Yeah they should be shipping soon.  Good stuff.
Link Posted: 4/22/2011 4:34:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Mine shipped today!
Link Posted: 4/22/2011 7:12:47 PM EDT
[#34]
I got a shipping notice too.
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 10:30:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Guess I better start deciding how best to test the Scrapivore against the Izula.  My shipping notice came yesterday as well!
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 10:50:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Guess I better start deciding how best to test the Scrapivore against the Izula.  My shipping notice came yesterday as well!

I got my shipping notice today.  Ironically I also just made a trade that included an Izula.....I guess i'll be testing them out too!
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 1:21:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Got mine today.  Damn this thing is small.  I like it!
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 1:40:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Got mine today.  Damn this thing is small.  I like it!

This will be my first forray into "necker knives,"  I'm anxious to see if it has the potential to replace my folders?
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 3:27:44 PM EDT
[#39]
I got mine today.  The Mashed Cat sheath is going to take a bit of work, little bits of kydex on the blade every draw.  It's comparable in size to the ESEE Izula, about half as wide as the KaBar Becker Necker.  The sheath comes about 1/3 or so up the grip, so cord wrapping the handle won't work.  Unfortunately, so far, my BRKT Highland Special is still winning my small EDC sheath knife olympics.

I'm going to stick the Vore in my pocket(in the sheath) for the next week or so, instead of my current folding knife.  I'm also going to see if the KaBar belt clip adapter fits the Mashed Cat sheath for a little more versatility in carry.  I usually have some 550 cord laying around, might see how accessible the Vore is in the neck knife role.

Pictures to follow...once I track down my camera cable.
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 3:35:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Mine was waiting for me when I got home today too:

Link Posted: 4/25/2011 3:59:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I got mine today.  The Mashed Cat sheath is going to take a bit of work, little bits of kydex on the blade every draw.  It's comparable in size to the ESEE Izula, about half as wide as the KaBar Becker Necker.  The sheath comes about 1/3 or so up the grip, so cord wrapping the handle won't work.  Unfortunately, so far, my BRKT Highland Special is still winning my small EDC sheath knife olympics.

I'm going to stick the Vore in my pocket(in the sheath) for the next week or so, instead of my current folding knife.  I'm also going to see if the KaBar belt clip adapter fits the Mashed Cat sheath for a little more versatility in carry.  I usually have some 550 cord laying around, might see how accessible the Vore is in the neck knife role.

Pictures to follow...once I track down my camera cable.

I'm thinking about picking up one of these http://www.countycomm.com/selflockingclip.htm, I saw a guy take one and put it on his Izula's sheath and made it pretty handy for pocket carry.
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 4:02:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Got my orange one as well. Now I just need to wrap it and make a sheath for it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 4:35:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 1:09:19 AM EDT
[#44]
The sheath is less than impressive. Wish i'd just gotten one from AzWelke.  The knife itself is great as a necker. Not sure how much I'll actually use it though.  Worth the money, but i'd skip the sheath.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 1:35:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 7:51:08 AM EDT
[#46]
I've been very happy with his sheaths, especially for the price,  I have 2 rodent solutions, a mud puppy, a scrapper 5, and 1 or 2 more to come.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 8:03:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 9:17:20 AM EDT
[#48]
I've got an HRLM sheath from him and it's awesome.

Hey did you guys get tracking numbers for your orders?  I just got the notice of shipping but it didn't have a tracking number?
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 9:38:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Hey did you guys get tracking numbers for your orders?  I just got the notice of shipping but it didn't have a tracking number?

No tracking number.  Got my shipping notice Friday and my knife showed up Monday.  I love USPS priority!
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 9:10:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Got mine Monday. Made a few sheaths and here's some pics of course.
Scrapivore LE & CG muddy.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top