Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 3/15/2011 11:46:11 AM EDT
Here is my dilemma. Hope I dont get flamed for now following the stupid switchblade law in Illinois. But.... I have a microtech daytona OTF knife and it has stopped working. I called microtech and they said I could send it in then they could ship it back to a LEO if we have one that is a friend.. but I have no LEO friends. Do you guys have any suggestions as to how I should handle this?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:47:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I would post this in your Hometown forum.  I am sure someone in your state will send it in for work for you.  Check with police supply stores, etc to see if they will do it.  You could always move to a less restrictive state, but not for a knife.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 9:51:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Where did you buy it? Some online dealers will help you out if you bought it from them
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 6:38:15 PM EDT
[#3]
It has nothing to do with what state you live in.

There is a federal law preventing them from shipping over state lines to anyone but dealers, .Mil, and LEO.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 4:51:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It has nothing to do with what state you live in.

There is a federal law preventing them from shipping over state lines to anyone but dealers, .Mil, and LEO.

That's true, but he lives in Illinois and can't even legally own one.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 7:59:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Have it shipped to an FFL dealer near you and then pick it up
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top