Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2010 12:55:12 PM EDT
Looking for an automatic with a blade 4" or under.  Like to spend less than $150.  SOG TAC Auto, Kershaw Rogue, Benchmade 3550.........opinions?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:39:25 PM EDT
[#1]
All I have to offer is a critique of Kershaw customer service.  I broke the blade lock on mine, wrote asking to buy a new one, they sent me a package of parts - several spare locks, a couple of pocket clips, etc.  I sent back everything but the locks.  Not long ago I dropped the aforementioned knife and bent the blade tip.  Called to ask how to buy a replacement.  They refused to sell me one.  Insisted that I just send the knife in.  It came back with a new blade at no charge.  I asked them why they do this and they said they just hope I'll buy another of their knives but since they keep fixing the one I bought in 2003 ... I don't need to.  Please, buy a Kershaw and clear my Karma balance!
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:50:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I was on my last deployment and broke the spring on a Blackout.  I traded emails with a nice lady at Kershaw and less than a week later, I got a package––-a new spring, new torx screws and a torx driver set.

Keep in mind, I was in Qatar.  Kershaw is in Oregon.  The package with the necessary parts, extra screws and the tools necessary to DIY went half way around the globe––free of charge––in less than 7 days.

I'm still carrying and using that Blackout.....when I break it I'm gonna buy another one just like it.  I'm a Kershaw customer for life––great products at a fair price and customer service that can't be beat.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top