Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2010 3:52:16 PM EDT

Hey guys, my new straight edge Seal Pup arrived. I ordered it with the KYDEX sheath that has the groove in it to cut cord without taking the blade out.  I'm not sure the best way to mount this.  It has belt fastener riveted to it, but I'll like remove that section (see link that has a video of the knife and sheath)  I'm not sure the best way to get this sheath on my vest.  I'd like to get this mounted up on my left shoulder, upside down... for now.  I know there's pro/cons... but I ended up putting my other knife that way and it worked well.  Anyway... I just need some ideas of the how to get this thing affixed well with the holes and slots that the sheath has.  Thanks in advance

http://sogknives.com/store/E37T.html

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 8:53:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I had mine in the same place on my FLC. i ran some black zip-ties through the MOLLE webbing and the holes in the sheath. It worked pretty well, but i didn't really use it like that for long so YMMV.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 3:23:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I had mine in the same place on my FLC. i ran some black zip-ties through the MOLLE webbing and the holes in the sheath. It worked pretty well, but i didn't really use it like that for long so YMMV.

It's kinda of an odd sheath for mounting I think.  I don't really get what the slots are for and the holes are on one side only.  I'm not sure how to secure it to anything really other than the belt loop thing. I took that off though because I want this mounted either on my vest or my pack.  Are you supposed to use cord or something.  

I don't know a lot about knives at all... but apparently I know even less than I thought.

Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top