Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2009 5:07:03 PM EDT
I want one just because.

I saw some Randalls on ebay.  They were very nice but were selling for $600.  That's a bit much, I think.

Here's an example:  Randall #26 on ebay

I saw similar-sized Randall knives with fancy wood scales - very nice!

On the other end of the spectrum, there's the Buck Vanguard.  It has the same general appearance and size but it's under $100.

Fancy Buck Vanguard on ebay

What's a happy medium.  I'd like it to be nice but ot break the bank.
Link Posted: 2/21/2009 5:20:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/21/2009 5:24:51 PM EDT
[#2]
The bravo-1 is a good choice. Also look at RAT cutlery, good price and tough. I have an rc-4 and love it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 2:01:11 PM EDT
[#3]
+1 on the Bark River Bravo 1.  I bought one about a year ago and now Bark River is about the only knife company I will buy from.  They are sharper and hold edges longer than anything I've ever seen.  I used my Bravo 1 to clean and butcher an entire deer and I didn't have to sharpen it once, and I didn't even sharpen it before I used it for that.  The Bravo 1 is a great knife but you should look at their other knives too because the Bravo 1 is pretty heavy and might be a bit too heavy for some purposes.  The Montana Guide and Fox River are the other two that I would consider the most.
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 9:26:48 PM EDT
[#4]
What about this one?

Maybe it's just me but there's something about a lime green sheath that well,...let's just say, I'm more of a traditionalist.
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 11:33:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What about this one?

http://www.dlttradingcompany.com/images/Bravo_Bastone_Walnut_S.jpg

Maybe it's just me but there's something about a lime green sheath that well,...let's just say, I'm more of a traditionalist.

That's why I posted the link, there are lots of really fancy grips if that's what your looking for.

Hell, I'm considering this one.

Link Posted: 2/23/2009 3:05:46 PM EDT
[#6]
You can always find a few Busses or Swamprats on Ebay as well.  Truly top-notch quality.  I highly recommend.  

Here is my most recent, a Badger Attack Tactical (BATAC):  

Also, see this thread, in case you're interested in the new Swamprat:  http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=4&t=270135

Link Posted: 2/23/2009 4:24:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I just ordered the Bastogne Walnut version of the Bravo-1 just this afternoon.

I got an email from Mary at DLT Trading saying they were just planning a 10% off sale and she went ahead and applied the discount to my order and they shipped it out today.  I got a great knife at a great price.  If it looks as nice as the picture and is functionally as good as you say, I know I'll be happy when it arrives.

Now, for my next purchase, I think I want...  
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 4:34:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I got an email from Mary at DLT Trading saying they were just planning a 10% off sale and she went ahead and applied the discount to my order and they shipped it out today.  I got a great knife at a great price.  If it looks as nice as the picture and is functionally as good as you say, I know I'll be happy when it arrives.

The Bravo-1 is a nice knife, from everything I hear.  I think you'll be happy with it!  

Link Posted: 2/23/2009 6:52:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I've bought several knives from DLT, including one that I was gonna give my brother-in-law for Xmas about 4 years ago. When the knife showed up it wasn't what I really wanted (Sometimes hard to tell from a picture) and they were very nice about taking it back and putting the money towards something nicer, a Bark River Gameskeeper (Which was later tested by FR and with changes became the Bravo-1) That was my first Bark River experience, the knife I got my brother-in-law. I've bought several more since then, and now that I know about this sale I think I'm gonna get another.

Link Posted: 2/23/2009 7:27:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Happy Medium
Link Posted: 2/25/2009 9:05:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I recieved the knife today.  It is a beaut!  I have big hands and the grip is plenty long enough even for me.

It came with a heavy leather sheath that is much nicer than I thought it would be (honestly, I wasn't even sure it would come with one).  

All around - good deal!  Thanks to Bark River and thanks to DLT Trading for the nice product and speedy, courteous service.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 10:57:25 AM EDT
[#13]
And now you get to learn the virtues of the convex grind.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top