Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 1/6/2009 4:19:35 PM EDT
do they use the same steel, if not which is better & why?  1095 High Carbon Alloy RC-58 for TOPS, and 1095 Carbon Steel - 57 Rc. for RAT Cutlery.  I subpose there is a difference
thank you schwome
Link Posted: 1/6/2009 5:22:26 PM EDT
[#1]
The differance is in the grinds. I'd prefer the RATs.
Link Posted: 1/7/2009 4:46:53 PM EDT
[#2]
i have 3 rats and 2 tops i like all of them
different blades for different uses
the steel is good from both companies just keep it oiled
Link Posted: 1/7/2009 6:01:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I am trying to decide between the TOPS Wolf Pup & the RAT Cutlery Izula.  I would rather have the Micarta grip than the paracord wrap, but I like RAT Cutlery's warranty alot better than TOPS.  I would like a nice fixed blade that I could use as an EDC and a survival knife.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 9:09:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I just received my Izula in yesterday from knifeworks. The knife looks great and I like that the kit comes with a MOLLE lock for the sheath.
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 6:24:48 PM EDT
[#5]
i just order an izula kit
i also have a blue otter from tops
how do you like the izula?
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 4:00:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Just picked up a RC3 plain edge and it's a great knife!! Warranty kicks ass and made here in the good old USA. I was looking at them at the SHOT show this year and had to have one. It is going to replace my Gerber Gator folder for my BOB/hunting gear knife.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top