Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 12/28/2006 7:45:37 AM EDT
I am currently looking at either a Extrema Ratio Shrapnel or a TCFM 02 from Trident Knives as a concealment blade. Does anyone have any experience with either one of these knives? How do they compare as far as strength, durability and edge holding? Any other knives I should be looking at (I am trying to stay under $200.00)?
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 1:09:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Look at Dozier.com. Small practical knives with excellent horizontal sheaths that clip over your belt...you don't have to unfasten your belt to put it on, but they stay on big time. You really don't need some macho bull shit knife for defense. You just need a slasher that won't offend people if they see your knife accidently. These are hand made D2 full tang great knives.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 6:36:26 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 on dozier knifes.  I do not own one (yet!) but had a chance to handle a friends KM-6 Arkansas Toothpick.  $15 over what you want, but oh my, that is one sweet knife!
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 6:53:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Not exactly what you are looking at, but I have one and like it.  Very concealable, very sharp.

Hideaway Knife

1911fan
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 11:43:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Another vote for Bob Dozier. Here is my little Dozier blade that I carry.
The horizontal belt sheath is brilliant.
I love it so much that I will be getting a second Dozier knife, either the KM-5 or KM-6.

Link Posted: 1/3/2007 2:44:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you for the responses Gentlemen. I will be checking into Dozier knives a little more seems like what I am looking for though.
In response to 1911’s post I had looked into Hideaway Knife before and was considering getting one once I am set up with a decent straight blade. Thanks again everyone.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top