Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 4/15/2006 6:00:27 PM EDT
I recently purchased a CRKT M16-13Z for EDC. How the heck do you keep these things from rusting, I carried it 2 days and the metal under the holes on the handle started rusting. What gives I have carbon steel that don't rust as easy as this crap. I used a qtip with CLP and after a weeks they started getting brown spots again. What is the deal I just wanted a nice EDC with a flipper but got a rust bucket with a flipper.

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:25:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I wish that i could help but i have the same problem. the funny thing is ... i didnt start haveing the problem untill about three years after i bouth the knife. i bought it my freshman year and carried t untill my junior year. then a friend barrowed/stole/ ok ok, i left it in his car and neither one of us knew it untill just before graduation. but he gave it back and everything was fine. it got no attention for almost 9 months and not a brown spot on it.  now it is becomeing a roblem. at first i thought it was because of sweat getting in my pocket and on the knife but why didnt it so that before?
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:22:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Cheap knife= cheap materials and workmanship. I have never liked CRKT, and I'll never own one.

You can get much better quality for slightly more money. SOG, Cold Steel, Benchmade, etc.

For around $50 you could get a SOG Flash 2. I have two, one spear point, one tanto, and they have been nothing but reliable since I bought them. I also have a SOG Trident which cost a little more, but it's one of the best knives I own for the price. To me, these are real EDC, working knives.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:55:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Cheap knife= cheap materials and workmanship. I have never liked CRKT, and I'll never own one.

You can get much better quality for slightly more money. SOG, Cold Steel, Benchmade, etc.

I tend to agree with the second line. (hind site is 20/20). but i do like CRKT. not everything is top of the line but some of it is really good.(for the money) and you didnt answer any of the rusting questions
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:46:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

and you didnt answer any of the rusting questions

My knives don't rust, so I couldn't answer them.

Seriously, I've really never had it happen to one of my knives. My knives are subjected to every type of weather on the job, including salt water, my food, and lot's of sweat in the summer. I carry either my Microtech UDT auto, or one of my SOGs everyday, and I've never had a problem.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top