Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2006 5:55:24 AM EDT
Its a Case XX. Age unknown, probably old?  A good buddy of mine traded me a penny for it years ago. It has the sharpest damn blade a guy could want, my buddy said that it is a rare black carbon steel blade. He also said that they dont make them like this anymore and that the new ones are chrome. The blade is very thin and hard, possibly brittle. There is no rust, its just the bare steel turns black.  I would like to buy some more of them, do you have any laying around?

One one side it says "Case XX USA"
the other side says "3137 CV"

What say you?

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:42:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe that knive is the Sodbuster,a working mans folder.I like em....I do not know what these are selling for. Guess'n $10 - $17 dollars. around my area.Maybe a bit higher.
jimmo
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:24:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I believe that knive is the Sodbuster,a working mans folder.I like em....I do not know what these are selling for. Guess'n $10 - $17 dollars. around my area.Maybe a bit higher.
jimmo

Yup. Thats a SodBuster alright. An uncle got me and my brother each one for Christmas one year. He got the yellow-handled one, and I got the black. Holds an edge like a mofo. Probably not a lot of value to it, other than maybe sentimental. Unless its an off-the-wall rare edition of some sort.

ETA- I dont know about the "rare black carbon steel" thing- I have more than a couple Schrade knives, and the majority of them do the same thing.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:31:06 PM EDT
[#3]
yea, figured out that it aint rare. its a 1996. I like it though
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:45:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
yea, figured out that it aint rare. its a 1996. I like it though

Hell, the one I have is probably 2-3 years older than that. Is there any evidence of a printed image on the side of the blade with the nail notch in it?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:05:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Sodbuster is a great knife, I paid like 30 dollars for one made in 1970.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top