Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 3/9/2006 7:37:47 PM EDT
Right now I carry a Benchmade Pardue Ambush.

I like it, but I think I might wanna get a new Every Day Carry knife.

I want a 4" plain blade, thinking about a possable tanto.  I like the aluminum handle of my current knife and would like to stick with the aluminum handle in a new knife too.  I also would like to carry tip down, in my right pocket because I am right handed.  Also needs to be one hand open and one hand close.  I not looking to spend too much and would like to stay around $100 if possable.

I will use it for everything possable, but I will not abuse it much (no pry bar or screw driver action) mostly just normal "Knife" use.  I like a big knife, so weight does not matter nor does how wide it is.  Needs to be solid and stay sharp.

I am not opposed to spending more or changing my mind on some things (like the aluminum handle or whatever) but I would like a reason on why to go one way over the other.

I love Benchmade, just don't know much about the models.  Also was looking at the Recon 1, but don't know much about them eather.  Open to many different manufactures.

Last thing, I will also need the best website to buy the suggested knives.

Hope I gave enough info to get started.

-Thanks
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:27:16 AM EDT
[#1]
BM 710, there are others but the 710 really fits the bill.  Others to look at are the 520, 732, new Grips in 154cm, and I'm kinda partial to my new 940 in S30V.  

Mac
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:42:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Just orderd this am:  BM 710D2.  Can't wait.  Never had a BenchMade before.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:20:20 PM EDT
[#3]
you WILL love it!  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:51:26 PM EDT
[#4]
the BM710 is THE everyknife.  Thin, light, strong, easy to use, etc.

I am carrying the 610 RUKUS right now, I like the s30v blade.  this thing cuts and cuts and cuts like there is a power source behind it.  It is waaay bigger than the 710 though.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:02:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Hmm... I don't normally go for aluminum handles. If I can persuade you to try G10 handles, I'd
recommend an 806D2 AFCK or perhaps 803 TSEK from Benchmade. Maybe an Al Mar SERE 2000 or Shrike.
If you like titanium handles, there's the Buck Mayo TNT. I just picked up one of those for around $140.
Spyderco has some nice models with stainless steel handles, like the Police model. Again, if I can persuade
you to try G10, there's the Spyderco Military. So many choices...

Sam
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:16:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I use this for EDC.  Simple, strong, and sharp as a razor.  Can't go wrong with a Benchmade.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:05:47 PM EDT
[#7]
BM 710 is a great one. Check this thread for more info, its actually right below yours,

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=4&t=195050

Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top